For Malleus, it's also a first. He was used to people being frightened with just the sight of his hair. Maybe it was something about his background that made him well-known, he never really had the chance to introduce himself ever since. "That's quite an intriguing question. For me, at least. I had an assumption that you have never encountered any circling gossip about myself. Or are you just ignorant?"

"I asked for your name and then you called me ignorant," Lucien unknowingly whispered, "Sorry for not knowing the name bestowed unto you sire," he solemnly mocked.

"Draconia, Malleus Draconia," Although Malleus did not visibly frown, his eyes glinted with melancholy and worry. For a fae, it is troublesome to be attached to humans... they just age too quickly.

Seconds turned into minutes, and the two started to write an outline for their essay but it appeared that Lucien was troubled, his mind was somewhere else.

I consider Vil as my friend, but I don't really get on what basis can we be considered as "friends", is it supposed to be a mutual understanding? Or an agreement? Do I need to ask Vil if we're friends? Would I offend him if I inquired about that? Are we not friends if he objects?

"Valentin, we cannot finish this task with your mind occupied with something else. I need you to focus on me," Malleus deliberately stated. Unfortunately, Lucien's head is still looking downward, not noticing the gaze of the fae. "I said focus on me," Malleus protruded his hand reaching for Lucien's chin to make him look in his direction.

"You may be troubled but it is understandable, I am here for you and we can get through this essay together," without hidden intentions, Malleus spared a glance on Lucien's plump lips.

"Ah.. pfft," Lucien held in a chuckle, "Oh, Hades, I'm sorry, I didn't mean t-to laugh! I-it's just that, you're so out of context.... But... thank you. May I ask where you picked up such cheesy statements?"

"Hm, very well," Malleus looked away as he took back his hand away from Lucien's chin, "It appears to me that you are now in the right state of mind to start teasing me. Still, I never thought Lilia's words to be cheesy on your... standards."

"Lilia? Whoa- h-hold on you have a female romantic partner?!" bewildered, Lucien is starting to forget about their supposed essay.

"Female romantic partner?" even Malleus is as confused as the readers with Lucien's choice of words. "You misunderstood. he's my caretaker."

"Oh, sorry, it's peculiar for a male to have the name Lilia. It's my fault, my maternal great-grandmother's name was also Lilia," Lucien chuckled awkwardly.

"Is she still doing well?" a slip of tongue from Malleus.

"Hum, she's with my mum," Lucien sighed, "hopefully."

Silence took over so the two had no other choice but to continue the essay. They are progressing well, the two have a variety of information up their sleeves. Malleus shared a lot of facts that he knew meanwhile Lucien would check textbooks to gather more. They worked in harmony, since the outline was finished earlier it was easier to make a draft based on their opinions and the facts they had gathered.

Malleus' handwriting is very elegant. Of course, Lucien's handwriting is good but it can not be compared to Malleus'. And so, Lucien had to thicken his skin to ask Malleus to write three-quarters of their essay. Surprisingly, the fae had no qualms about it and agreed.

---

Lucien did not mean to skip classes just to finish their essay. Unfortunately, regretting is no use, it already happened. On his way to the cafeteria, Lucien kept his guard up. Although he knew that he had a low presence, it was better to be precautious than sorry. That's why...

Why does he feel that he's being followed? When stepped out of the Ramshackle Dorm he was being followed ever since. Lucien can't help but look behind his back every other minute.

"Ye ordering or what?"

"Just the usual."

"What usual?"

I thought that would work.

"Oh right, how could I forget."

Lucien got the most random thing from the menu that he never really had the chance to eat. I guess this will do.

"What do you think you're doing?"

Lucien jolted from surprise. Shoot. How can he let his guard down?

"Applause, applause. That horned bastard has his scent on you," Leon has his arms crossed, looking at Lucien disappointingly. "Whatever, you stink. I don't like my food, let's trade."

"Wait- hey!" the action was fast, Lucien's hand in now holding a different tray of food.

"You better thank me about this," Leona said as he walked away.

Confusing.

This is so confusing! Lucien would have shrugged it off if this occurrence only happened once but Leona took (although Leona said it was a trade) his food for two more consecutive days!