21| 𝚃𝚊𝚗𝚐𝚕𝚎𝚍

Start from the beginning

He moves around his legs feeling around while he stretches his body his legs still tangled in mine and then I see his eyes widen.

"What's wrong?", I ask curious and a bit alarmed.

He sits up on the bed turning away from me quickly.

"Um nothing", he says quickly grabbing a pillow and placing it on his lap.

He faces back towards me flashing a nervous smile in a sort of criss-cross siting position.

Weird

I want to ask something but I almost hesitate not wanting to start anything, but for some reason I just had to know.

"Does your odd behavior have anything to do with the dream you had?", I say seeing him become tense.

"Definitely not, I don't even remember what I dreamt about", he mumbles looking relieved.

I hear the genuine answer in his voice feeling content yet I need to know why Vera had this power over him.

"Was I actually dreaming?", he asks scratching his head and yawning.

I nod slowly his eyes intensely bearing into mine.

"How'd you know", he asks a playful smirk on his lips one that won't last long.

"You talk in your dreams you know", I say fidgeting my fingers slightly and staring down at my fingers.

Suddenly my pinky was the most interesting thing in the world.

"Hmm, what did I say?", he asks raising his eyebrow suggestively trying to keep his cool but I can see his facade slipping.

What he's thinking is probably not even close to what he thinks I'm about to say.

"Vera", I say my eyes locking with his.

Once I say the familiar name it's like I had flipped a switch. His eyes lose their playful light and his slight smile drops.

I notice his reaction and continue treading lightly.

"What really happened between you two? this isn't the first time I hear of her", I say looking at him.

I knew she was his ex now but I wanted to make sure she was only an issue of the past.

He takes a deep breath his green eyes turning dark a look I've only seen on him before when we got into our first huge argument in the car.

I brace myself

"Why is Vera even a concern to you, you're not actually falling for me are you?", he asks immediately making me uncomfortable.

I open my mouth to speak before he cuts me off

"WE are not actually together, none of this shit is real or genuine", he says now glaring.

I tense up a wave of hurt washing over me briefly but that hurt has no problem quickly turning to anger.

I chuckle to myself after he says that a little darker than I intended.

"You think I don't know that", I say my eyes going cold.

I put my walls right back up.

He stares into my eyes noticing the change in my demeanor and I almost think I recognize a flash of regret in his face but as soon as I blink it's replaced with the familiar anger.

"She better not be a threat to the plan, that's the only fucking reason I was concerned about her in the first place", I say raising my voice slightly.

"I told you to leave any feelings at the door and instead your here asking me a dumbass question like that implying some sort of jealousy. How can jealousy come out of something as superficial as this", I say looking at him with disgust.

He shakes his head throwing my pillow off his lap and heading towards my window.

"I'm leaving, don't ever speak Vera's name ever again when I'm around everybody expects me to crumble when I hear her name and I hate that shit", he says.

"Well congratulations everybody was right because you're crumbling clearly, you're so fucking screwed up right now", I say looking at him his face changing from angry to just an empty void of emotion.

He heads even further towards the window not saying a word after that.

"Yeah get the hell out of my room", I say my voice cracking slightly near the end of my sentence.

I curse myself for my voice cracking and I notice him now turned away from the window staring at me with no emotion visible on his face.

I look away recognizing his eyes overwhelming and flowing with hatred and hurt.

When I look back up towards the window he's gone.

———————————————————————

A/N: Damn, this kinda hurts to write, but anyways who do y'all think is more valid in this argument. Do you think they're both being honest with themselves and each other???