𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝕹𝖎𝖓𝖊 ✵ 𝖂𝖊𝖉𝖉𝖎𝖓𝖌

That day, Daenyra woke up at the first lights, took Aegarax on a quick flight before getting ready for her first small council meeting. She asked Alyn to get a dress arboring the Targaryen colors ready for when she would be coming back from her flight. She had to look regal, for that was entirely the point of her appearance, strengthening her claim of the iron throne.

She bathed and got ready, putting on the black dress with red flowy sleeves. The neckline and the bodice had golden embroideries of dragons, and her shoulders were covered with intricate metal adorned with rubies shoulder pads. The dress was perfectly adjusted at her waist, enhancing her natural beauty. She then put on a golden necklace with rubies and the Targaryen sigil. Once she was fully dressed, Alyn began to do her hair, braiding the front back before adding some more braids on the side, bringing some from the back to the sides of her head as well.

Once she was ready, Daenyra stayed in her chair, looking at her reflection without saying anything. She did not even notice she was holding her breath before Alyn put a gentle hand on her shoulder, taking her out of her thoughts.

"Is everything alright, Dany?" she asked with a worried face. Daenyra shook her head lightly. "Everything is alright Aly, it is just that after today, everything will change. I will start to officially make my way to the iron throne, possibly taking my mother's place in the line of succession.."

Alyn gave her a small smile. "It was always said among the servants that this would happen, you do not have to worry, every single one of us loves you very much" she reassured her lady, earning a sad smile from the Princess.

"This is not what I am worried about, it is just that.. even if Daemon had been preparing me for years for this moment, it was still pretty abstract until today. Now it is happening, and I don't know if I will be deserving of whatever is offered to me in the future." She replied honestly. Yes she loved helping people, listening and thinking about the very best way to fix issues. But would that make her a good and worthy Queen? Would it be enough? Would it be better than Rhaenyra?

As if she was reading her thoughts, Alyn gave Daenyra's shoulder a squeeze. "You will be a great Queen, you are wise and strong, you do not fear to defend your people and you handle the nobles like it is nothing. But most importantly, you care for every single one of your people, the common folk will follow you, that is something very few rulers had before you." Daenyra nodded her head. Yes, that was a common mistake for monarchs, to ignore and not give a thought to the common folk. They are the realm, having them on your side would only be a huge advantage.

"Thanks Aly" Daenyra eventually said, giving the bit older girl a smile. The maid gave her a bright toothy grin in return, proud to be able to help her Princess. With that Daenyra rose from her chair and went to open her chambers doors, being greeted by Ser Erryk.

"Good morrow Erryk" She greeted him with a smile. "Good morrow Princess" he replied with a smile as well. Then they both headed to the council chamber. On the way she saw Aemond, heading to the training grounds. She smiled as their eyes met. They met in the middle of the hallway and Aemond took both her hands in his before bringing one to his lips to kiss her knuckles.

"My betrothed" he greeted her, she replied with a smile before giving a chaste kiss on the cheek. "Are you heading for the council chamber?" he questioned. Daenyra nodded. "You are still early"

"It was my intention, I want to be one of the first to get here, to show seriousness. I heard Rhaenyra used to be late often when she was cupbearer for Viserys, and even once she was named heir. I intend to not be like her." She stated seriously.

"You are nothing like that woman. She is a selfish spoiled cunt while you are selfless and devoted to your people, all of your people." He reassured her. "She's still your sister." Daenyra said with a smirk, taunting him. He scoffed, making a disgusted face. "Do not remind me" and with that they both laughed. "Let me accompany you until the beginning of the meeting, we did not spend as much time together lately" Aemond then proposed, giving her hands a squeeze. Daenyra nodded with a smile and the couple began to walk towards the council chamber.