𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖋𝖔𝖚𝖗 ✵ 𝕭𝖊𝖙𝖗𝖔𝖙𝖍𝖆𝖑

As the group entered the Royal dining hall, the children already seated around the table stood excitedly at the sight of Daenyra. Helaena and Aemond's faces fell as they noticed the little cuts on her face. She was smiling, feeling a bit better than a few hours before, but remnants of tears could still be seen across her cheeks and in her eyes. The two younger children rushed at her side. Aemond took her hand in his while Helaena cupped her unarmed cheek with a soft warm hand.

"What happened?" Helaena's eyes were full of worry.

"Everything is fine Hel, do not worry, I just fell in bushes, just a scratch" She lied. Guilt instantly filling her insides. But she didn't want to bring more tensions between the broken family. The Queen knew, her father knew, Criston too.. that was enough.

Helaena nodded, not sure to be convinced by her best friend's reply, but didn't push it. Aemond though didn't believe it one bit. Yes Daenyra often went on tiny adventures, coming back with strained clothes and a bit of dust or mud on her face, but she was agile, her footing was assured. Laenor made sure of that when he started training her. But he knew better than to force an answer from his friend. The look on his mother's face told him enough. He would ask her later.

Even Aegon seemed concerned, he didn't go as close as his siblings, but he was still standing there, aching to take one of Daenyra's hands to comfort her. He was not one to comfort others, not knowing how to do it properly since no one ever comforted him, but for her he would try. She was his first and only true friend. He was rather close to her brothers, but that was different. The boys saw him only when it was time to pull another prank on Aemond. Daenyra actually tried to see past his careless and disappointing Prince shell. Scolding him into drinking less not for the shame brought upon himself, but for his own good. She would not say he is a disappointment for being a drunk at merely ten and three name days old, she would listen to him, understand him, and help him believe that he could be good.

"Well, let us eat before the meal grows cold" The Queen said, petting each child's head, guiding them into their seats.

During the meal, Daenyra gradually forgot about the prior events of the day. Laenor smiled fondly at the sight of his daughter going back to her true self, a ball of sunshine. Music was played again, at the Princesses pleas. Soon enough the duo was dancing happily, jumping from side to side in sync, a dance they came up with that was their own. The Queen's eyes were soft and full of love watching everyone around the table get along so well. Laenor thought about how a foreign sight it was. ALicent always had that polite cold smile facade at court. But the woman's eyes were full of sadness and loneliness. Gone were these feelings from her eyes in this instant.

As the dinner ended, Laenor excused himself to took Daenyra back to her chambers while the Queen remained with her children.

"So. What truly happened?" Aegon's voice echoed into the hall, and everyone turned to face Alicent. The Queen sighed.

"It seems the Princess Rhaenyra laid hands on her only daughter, in retaliation for the dragon pit events." The Queen said with a heavy voice. Aemond felt a mix of guilt and anger rising through his gut.

"Why would our Sister lay a hand on her only daughter for acting like a true Princess in front of free cruelty?" Aegon said, the thought angered and disgusted him. He had been slapped by his mother often, but deep down he knew that her outbursts were justified. But Daenyra only defended his brother from cruelty. That made no sense to hit her for that.

"Because she is a viper caring only for her little Strong snakes" Aemond seethed. He was fuming. She defended him, and because of that she got hurt. He had to be stronger in the future, he wouldn't let that happen ever again, no one would lay a single finger on his Daenyra.