𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖘𝖎𝖝 ✵ 𝕱𝖎𝖗𝖘𝖙 𝖐𝖎𝖘𝖘 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝕱𝖑𝖆𝖒𝖊𝖘

After the events of last night, Daenyra insisted on staying with Aemond, much to Daemon's dismay. If the Prince was willing to trust his daughter when she assured him that she was not a pawn for the Hightowers, he wasn't quite fond yet of their company.

They went to another hall with the Queen and King, Rhaenys and Corlys. With them Baela and Rhaena and of course, Daenyra's uncles and aunt. Soon enough Laenor joined them, rushing to his daughter's side.

"What in the seven Hells has happened?" He took her arm in his hands, observing the long and large cut running down her entire forearm. The dagger used by Jacaerys was not made of Valyrian Steel, and so, the cut wasn't clean. It would leave a nasty scar on Daenyra's arm as well as Aemond's face.

"She was attacked by her savage half-brothers. That is what happened!" Daemon replied before Daenyra could open her mouth.

He didn't care that everyone understood what he meant, he was her father, and he couldn't care less if everyone knew about it. This very moment, Laenor understood that he knew about Daenyra, and that she understood too that the Rogue Prince was her true father.

"Where is Rhaenyra?" Laenor then asked. He couldn't really say that he was surprised that she was not attending to her daughter, but still she had been hurt badly, it would only be normal to stay by her side.

"Dotting on Jace and Luke, and getting her arm stitched" Daenyra replied.

Laenor frowned at the mention of Rhaenyra being hurt before seeing Alicent lowered her head in guilt and shame, biting her lip and picking on her nail beds. Viserys looked mortified at the mention of the outburst.

Daenyra got up from the chair she was sitting on and went to the Queen, gently taking her hands in hers, stopping her from hurting herself further. She then ran her thumbs in soft circles over the back of Alicent's hands.

"You did what you had to do to defend your child, I am not a mother, but I can only imagine I would have done the same, if I was only in your shoes." Alicent gave her hands a squeeze and a little smile to the girl.

"Children. Not only for Aemond but for you too my dear." Daenyra blushed and felt tears rushing into her eyes. She couldn't deny that for years she had hoped to be born from Alicent instead of Rhaenyra.

"Why are you not with them, sweetling? You got hurt too" Laenor then added.

"Because I do not matter. I never did, and I am done craving her attention and love. I already have a mother, I don't need another one." Daenyra said, her voice a matter of factly tone. Alicent's eyes widened when the girl held her hand in hers while saying the last words, before her gaze softened and tears swelled up her eyes. "I made peace with that. Though Jacaerys words stings.. but that too I will get over."

That night, Daenyra decided to stay with Aemond, who had yet to look at her. He thought himself of a monster now, with his face half sliced. The wound was nasty, and would remain nasty until his last breath. Aemond thought about everything that had happened, and even if he stood proudly in front of everyone earlier saying that it was a fair exchange, he was not so sure of it.

Sure, he gained a dragon, the biggest one alive, but he felt like he lost Daenyra, for he thought himself not worthy of her anymore. And he was angry, angry that she got hurt because of him. There's no way that she would still love him now. His hands balled into tight fists, his joints turning white.

"Aemond... Issa hūra" She said softly as she gently pressed a hand on the right of his face, trying to turn his face towards her. Aemond jolted and his hand went to hold her wrist off his face.