Act 1 Ch 1: Blooming Paradise (Part 1)

Survival... Isn't possible on idleness.

- Rei (4th)

(Hakurei Shrine)

(Night)

---Rei (h, 3rd) Pov---

I was not surprised Yukari and her companions have came directly onto me, Sendai and Reimu. I expected it. They questioned me about Reimu's state, thing that I took with the utmost respect and care, with my hand on her forehead... I did what I was best known for. Heal. I had spent hours in end healing Reimu's mental strain whilst the sages and Sendai spoke to me. Questioning, skepticism and slight... Companionship. On the other side... My other self was unwinding her own problems and stress with sake. I was glad I finally got to see the end of it. She no longer pressured for some alcohol. Seeing this, as expected... Yukari made a comment.

Yukari:"Fufu~ You still deny any kind of sake? I thought you would have loosened up to the idea..."

Yukari teased. It was true. I had no interest on sake. At least... me. Even if she poured me a glass of sake, to accompany it with her companions and Sendai. Apparently... It was one of her most pristine sakes.

Rei (h, 3rd):"I still do not see the appeal of it-"

It was then when I heard my other self. Screaming from the other side of the shrine grounds. She seemed already drunk. She was even having a drinking contest with the other guests. Specially, Suika.

Rei:"One cup! Right now! Don't be boring! It is an order! And don't you dare change that sake into water you hear you damn nun!!"

Whilst talking to me with a slurry speech... She was hyped by the other drunken guests... I wouldn't condone anything sort of alcoholic drinking... But I could use this chance to finally...

*Yoink*

In a swift motion... Reimu sprung wide awake. Taking up Yukari's dish of sake from her hands, drinking it on one sip. She had a bitter look but after the whole sudden movement and action of drinking the sake she had on her glass and having a pleased sigh in the end. It would seem my healing aura was enough for her to recover her consciousness... I retrieved my hand and put it on the wooden floor. Whilst my other hand remained on my thigh. The moment she recomposed herself she huffed at me and with that prideful self, she stood and spoke.

Reimu:"Hmph. That was a good sake. Yukari."

Her face didn't show that much displeasure. Whilst the other 4 women around me were at least surprised of her sudden recovery for a brief moment... I only gave a small smile to this situation. Despite my poor state at the moment. And my failed attempt at joining the current setting. I could hear my other self grumble before starting to drink up again to win against Suika. Soon, Reimu looked at me with a cold look. Yet, I felt no aggression or overall traces of ambition. Her psyche was fixed with both her own personal strength and my aid.

Yukari:"Fufu~ My pleasure~"

She said. With quite a teasing tone. I just looked at her with a small smile still on me. I was glad that in a way... I have finally set a place in which peace can be appreciated even for a short time. Momentarily.