#06

Yunju woke up Saturday morning, earlier than usual with a goal: getting a job at the cafe. (She also had to meet Heeseung later, but that was a small detail to her). She had money saved from when she was in high school but it was slowly starting to deplete.

She made her way to the bus stop and started rehearsing what she would say.

To say she was nervous was an understatement, of course, she's had a job before but she wasn't interviewed really.

Finally arriving at the cafe, she talked to an employee there who told her to wait for the manager. She got taken to a back room after waiting about ten minutes for the manager.

"So tell me about yourself," The manager insisted, gesturing to Yunju.

"Sure," the girl cleared her throat before speaking again, "My name is Park Yunju, I am 20 years old, and I go to the college not far from here,"

"Mhmm..., now can you tell me why you want a job here?" the manager asked.

"Since I don't live on campus and in an apartment I need a job to help pay rent, I don't want to rely on my parents to pay for everything," She explained confidently.

"Where did hear about this cafe or the fact that were hiring?"

"I came here with a friend awhile ago and saw the 'Help Wanted' sign in the window,"

"Mhmm, now if you were hired what days would you be able to come work?"

"Mondays, Wednesdays, or Fridays afternoons or mornings, weekends as well,"

"Perfect, well congratulations, we'll see you in about a week for training and your first day," the manager stood up holding out his hand for her to take.

"Thank you very much, sir," she gratefully said, taking his hand and bowing.

As Yunju made her way to the door and bus stop, she got a text from Heeseung.

______
imessage
Deer Boy🦌
12:37 p.m.

Hey stalker,
come onnnnnnnn
What are you doing
We're supposed to get ingredients
Ur soooooooo slow

omg 😒
Relax
I'm omw now

Ur just now leaving
You have nothing going on in your life
So what are you doing

If I have nothing going on
in my life then I'll just go home
Have fun shopping by yourself
You can carry everything right?

Whatever🙄

That's what I thought asshole
Now calm down
I'll be there soon

I'm at some park by a fountain
Come find me
Seen

______

The girl silently groaned then closed out her phone, annoyed by the person she would have to face shortly.

+++++++

Yunju arrived at their agreed meeting place seeing H... leaning against a tree on his phone.

He eventually saw her from the corner of his eye and looked up, noticing her slightly
professional-looking clothes.

After staring at her with a weird look, he asked, "Why are dressed like you're important?"

"I had a job interview today," the girl answered, crossing her arms and rolling his eyes at the unbothered boy.

"Whoever is hiring you is just begging for their company to be shut down," he snickered.

"At least I can get a job Mr. Skill Issue," Yunju smirked, "Now let's go, so I can go home and get away from you."

The pair started walking until they reached a grocery store. They entered, immediately grabbing a cart and pulling out the list of ingredients they needed.

They went aisle by aisle looking for what they needed, stopping everyone once in a while for little arguements about the right brand or type of something. (Quietly though, to not bother other shoppers).

"We need like three more things," Yunju said looking at the list on her phone. From the corner of her eye, she saw Heeseung putting random things into the cart, as she saw him do in a previous aisle.

She turned around in frustration, to look at Heeseung, who was conveniently looking away innocently. She inhaled slowly, then took a step closer to him.

"Oh my god, if you do not stop putting random ass shit in the cart I will kill right here myself," the girl threatened in a hushed voice, watching him back away.

"Alright, alright, jeez," Heeseung said shoving his hands into his pockets, following slowly behind her.

"Seriously are you a toddler?" she whispered rolling her eyes. "Now go get some onions from the front."

"We just passed there and you said we didn't need them, and now you're telling me to go back and get them?" the boy asked annoyed.

"Yes, now go!" she demanded pointing out of the aisle they were currently in. Heeseung groaned loudly and walked out of the aisle.

Yunju smoothed down her hair and sighed. She continued further down the aisle until she noticed an older woman quietly laughing at what she had just witnessed.

Turning, she gave the woman a confused look, slightly tilting her head.

"Oh! Forgive me I'm sorry," the woman bowed, "I was just laughing at how cute you two are."

"Me and...," she trailed off.

"Yes, is he your boyfriend?"

"What? Oh no, no, no, no, no,"

The woman giggled and quietly said, "Young love."

"Pardon?"

"Nothing, well I should be going, goodbye," the woman waved then pushed her cart out the aisle.

'That was...weird'

She continued down the aisle, the encounter she just had replaying in her head until Heeseung appeared around the corner, causing Yunju to jump.

"I got the onions," he said holding up a plastic bag.

"Finally," she exaggerated, "come on, let's go check out."

After checking out, the two split their bags and parted ways.

***********

Authors's Note:

Hi :)

Happy early Birthday Yang Jungwon 🥳