#01

The road seemed to go on for miles never-ending causing the feeling of boredom mixed with infinite excitement, jammed into a tightly packed car.

College always seemed like it was always so far away but now that she was finally on her way there, with music blasting in her ears through her headphones, she was ready to leave it all behind.

"Yunju, are you excited for the orientation tomorrow?" her mom asked keeping her eyes on the road, while Yunju continued to watch the work zip by.

"Yunju!" she shouted this time, catching her daughter's attention.

"Ya Mom?"

"What have I told you about blasting your music in your headphones so loud? You didn't even notice me talking!" She yelled.

"Sorry," she apologized taking off her headphones. "What did you say?"

"I asked if you were excited for college and the orientation."

"Oh ya, I'm so happy to finally be going to college, and to get away from Heeseung"

"What do you mean, I thought you two were friends!"

"Me and Deer boy friends?" she scoffed "Please, I'm so happy to be leaving that asshole and all the bad memories tied to him behind." she cheered, a huge smile on her face.

"Language!"

"Sorry, but yes I'm incredibly excited." She smiled looking out the window again.

+++++++

Hours later Yunju and her mother arrived on the campus after they started moving Yunju's things into the apartment they had found for her a few weeks before starting college. They started saying their goodbyes and went off in different directions.

Yunju started wandering the campus looking for the auditorium for the orientation at 4:30, she hated to admit it but she was lost.

Damn, I'm supposed to be at the auditorium in ten minutes, I have to find someone to ask.

Eventually, she found a teacher to ask.

"Hello, I'm looking for the auditorium and I seem to be lost, could you tell me where to go?" she inquired.

"Hmm, you show have familiarized yourself with the layout of the school before orientation, seems you are not prepared." the teacher said, disappointingly shaking his head.

"Yes, well forgive me for not knowing every inch of this school, sir." she hissed and walked away.

'What was his problem? Whatever I'll just ask someone else'.

She started looking around until she saw two guys holding a map of the school and decided to go over to them. She tapped the slightly shorter one on the shoulder and began.

"Excuse me do you know which way the auditorium is, I tried to ask-," she stopped abruptly "You gotta be kidding me," she complained seeing that the two guys were Heeseung and Jake.

"You!?" Heeseung shouted.

A smile formed on Jake's face as he saw Yunju "Oh, Yunju hey, I didn't know you were accepted into this school!"

"Why are you here?!" she shouted completely ignoring Jake.

"I should be asking that I knew you were into me but following me to my school is just creepy," he stated, creeped out.

"Oh please, Deer boy, you followed me here like you followed around when we were like 10!" they continued fighting very loudly for about five more minutes until a teacher interjected and directed them to the auditorium.

+++++++

When she finally arrived in the auditorium, she sat down surrounded by a bunch of empty seats and let out a huge sigh.

"I'm begging for peace for the rest of this orientation, please lord," She pleaded quietly under her breath.

That peace lasted for about 30 seconds because a girl wear a white dress with little lace details came and sat down next to her smiling.

"Hi, my name is Kim Minhee." she extended her hand out.

"Park Yunju, nice to meet you."

"Same here, but if you don't mind me asking, I saw you outside having a literal screaming match with that guy what was that about?" she inquired laughing slightly.

"Oh that...," she looked away embarrassed "That guy was Lee Heeseung and we've been like this since we were at least 8."

"Wow, wait so you've been together for kindergarten, grade school, high school, and now college."

"Ugh yes!" she exclaimed.

"It must be fate then...," Minhee concluded

"A cursed fate."

Yunju sighed defeatedly and fell back in her seat. "You know what sure, anyway do you want to get coffee after this?"

"Sure there's this coffee shop that has the best desserts not far from here." she smiled.

***********

Authors' Note:

This was kinda chapter and I feel like I was rambling a bit 😭, but I hope you liked it.

I have no idea what it like to be in college so I hope the things I write are close to accurate

And I swear once I start getting into the actual story and plot things will be a LOT better.

Also, ngl I was debating on whether or not I should have made this story for a Heeseung or Niki.

But there were moments where they needed to be at college for the story to actually work.