Totally drained🌡️

Sickie: Mingi
Caregivers: Ateez (mainly Seonghwa, Yunho & San)

TW: anxiety attack

No one’s POV.:

To say that Mingi had had a long day, would be an understatement. He had only returned from the where he had been producing with Hongjoong till the early morning hours to take a shower and catch an hour of shut eye before they had to leave for their schedule. Seonghwa had prepared some breakfast for him because Mingi was still in a daze as he got ready to head out and couldn’t possibly remember that he had to eat something. Not that he even had an appetite. He doubted he’d be able to stomach anything anytime soon but he appreciated his hyung’s gesture. San read out their schedule for the day as they settled into the car to collect the rest of the members but Mingi was already dozing off with his head against the window. The only word he picked up was ‘fan sign event’, a deep sense of unease settling over him as he drifted off.

Mingi felt shaky when he climbed out of the car, trudging to the practice room behind the rest of the group. Yunho was catching him up on their schedule and frowned at his reaction. They’d start the day with dance practice, which Mingi couldn’t imagine getting through on his single hour of sleep, before freshening up to get ready for a fan sign event. He already had a headache, so he wasn’t really looking forward to being in a noisy room full of strangers. Just the thought already made his heart race and he had this funny feeling within his chest that made it hard to breathe. Yunho could tell and wanted nothing more than to wrap his arm around his best friend to comfort him but knew better than to touch him right now.

“I made breakfast but he didn’t eat, so I packed it up in case he’ll get hungry later”, Seonghwa informed quietly. Hongjoong had been worried about the younger because he could imagine how drained the boy must feel after their long night at the studio. Watching Yunho hover close by but still avoid physical contact, the leader figured that Mingi was on edge and he couldn’t blame him. The rapper already disliked fan sign events on a good day and today it certainly wasn’t one of the good days.

Yunho’s heart ached for his best friend as he stood in front of the group to lead their dance practice session. He knew today would be tough and the younger was already in rough shape, looking ready to drop. They’d be working on some of their most straining choreographies today, so he had warned Mingi to go to bed early but typically they had lost track of time and he probably should’ve told Hongjoong ahead of time too. “Today will be intense, if you don’t feel up to it, you can go and sit out a couple of rounds”, Yunho whispered as he helped Mingi stretch, “I’d rather have you just watch than push yourself too hard.” Though the reassurance helped ease his nerves a little, the rapper promised himself to participate as much as he possibly could without fainting.

This determination had Mingi push on even when his stomach started to ache. Rationally, he knew it was most likely hunger because he had skipped breakfast and was dancing so intensely on an empty stomach. Seonghwa had reminded him of the lunchbox in his bag a couple of times but the thought of their fan sign event later had him feel sick with nerves, so he couldn’t possibly stomach anything right now. Besides, if he sat out, his mind would have more capacity to spiral. Right now, all he could focus on was staying on his feet and trying to execute the different dance moves although they were sloppy. It was normal to feel sore and shaky running on so little sleep and no food, so nothing too concerning right?

Mingi was so out of it that he didn’t even hear Hongjoong calling for a break. Yunho had been monitoring all of the members but had kept an especially close eye on his best friend and had motioned to Hongjoong that something was seriously wrong. Seeing the others head for their water bottles, Mingi stumbled over to his bag and collapsed next to it. Propped up by the wall, the rapper pulled his knees up and rested his forehead on them, breathing hard. “Mingi-ah, you’re done with dancing for today”, Hongjoong announced as he crouched in front of his dongsaeng, “You’re in no shape to dance and I will not risk you injuring yourself because you’re exhausted.”