Please don't ever leave me🌡️🧸

Sickie: Jongho

Caregiver: Yeosang

Idea by: a_fandompr1ncess

No one's POV.:

When Jongho had returned from the company building with a sore throat, his voice sounding painfully scratchy, the entire group had instantly assumed, he had strained himself during his vocal practice. Being the quiet and observant boyfriend he was, Yeosang had brought the younger some tea in the evening. He opted to spend the evening in their shared room, sitting with Jongho, who looked exhausted to the bone. Their roommate, Wooyoung, had played videogames with Yunho and San, so the couple had some time to themselves. Their group knew about their relationship, although they had to keep it a secret from the company and public. Yet, their relationship was still pretty new and Jongho cursed himself for falling ill this early on. Unlike Yeosang, he knew that he hadn't strained himself by singing too much. He had already woken up feeling off and the headache remained for the rest of the day, his sore throat only a tiny fraction of the discomfort he felt. He knew it was ridiculous but he loved Yeosang a lot and considering that they hadn't been dating for long, he didn't want to seem pathetic in front of his boyfriend and was determined to hide it.

Jongho's plan only worked out for a couple of hours, miserable chills waking him in the middle of the night. Sure, he had gotten some sleep with how early he had gone to bed but still, he felt even more run down than he had earlier. As he laid awake, pulling his blanket tighter in hopes of warming the icy cold in his bones, he noticed a dull discomfort in the pit of his stomach, that only seemed to grow worse as time passed. Soon, Jongho felt bile rising up his already raw throat and decided it'd be safest to sit in the bathroom for a while, either till his stomach had settled again or till he had thrown up whatever made his stomach churn so badly. Yeosang found the younger about an hour later when he woke up and noticed the other was gone, venturing out into the darkness of their dorm. The sight he encountered in the bathroom broke his heart. Jongho sat with his back against the tub, knees drawn up to his chest as sweat glistened on his forehead. His complexion was worryingly pale, contrasted by the feverish flush on his cheekbones. The maknae seemed to be asleep up tiredly picked up his head from his knees when Yeosang squeezed his shoulders.

"What are you doing out here?", Yeosang asked gently, cupping his boyfriend's cheek to judge just how bad his fever was. Closing his burning eyes again, Jongho muttered: "Thought I needed to be sick but nothing happened and I fell asleep." - "Are you still feeling nauseous? I could make you some ginger tea to settle your stomach", the older offered and brushed the sweaty bangs out of Jongho's face. The maknae winced but shook his head. "I think I just want to sleep. My head hurts badly", he breathed, rubbing his temples. Resting a comforting hand on his shoulder, Yeosang agreed: "That's probably the fever. Let's get you back to bed and I'll fetch an ice pack for your head."

The walk back to their room was painfully slow despite the short distance they had to go. Jongho's head was spinning ever since he had gotten up from the floor and his muscles burned with every move, Yeosang doing his best to steady him, while trying to not grip the youngest too hard as every touch seemed to cause him pain. It seemed like an eternity had passed till Jongho was able to sit down on the edge of his mattress, resting his pounding head in his hands. "Hang in there, I'll be right back, yeah?", Yeosang whispered, gently ruffling his hair before shuffling out to the kitchen. He hurried, not wanting to leave his sick boyfriend on his own for too long, while he collected an icepack and a bottle of water. When he returned to their room, he found the younger coughing into his pillow, trying desperately to muffle the sound as to not wake Wooyoung. Jongho slowly caught his breath and looked up at the older with reddened eyes, trying to fight back the tears the pain had brought to his eyes. Uncapping the water bottle for him, Yeosang cooed: "You're okay. Just have a few sips and then we'll see how we can get you comfortable enough to sleep."