Chapter 13: Disastrous Date

Y/n and Krul are strolling around the city while eating crêpes, passing by people, houses and shops. The vampire took a bite of her sweets with a hum of delight, not noticing a leftover syrup on her lips. Y/n watched his lover's eating habit in amusement and gently wiped it off with a handkerchief.

"I'm starting to doubt whether you were an actual queen with that kind of eating habit." Y/n chuckled.

"I can't help it." Krul protested while blushing. "I've been sealed over 300 years."

"And yet, you still manage to rile up people in Ur."

"Hmph!" She pouted away in displeasure and walked away.

Y/n chuckled in response and chased after her. He never thought that a date can be this fun and able to shows others' different personality.

They visited various tourist spots and enjoyed the scene of the city from different views. They then visited an aquarium where Y/n is surprised that Tortus also has one. They ventured through the place, admiring all kind of water creatures until one caught their attention the most.

 They ventured through the place, admiring all kind of water creatures until one caught their attention the most

"A fish with a human face.." Y/n uttered. "Why am I half surprise?"

Krul looked into the fish's description. "Lehman.. he uses Telepath to speak.. it's the only monster that can communicate but he hardly does.."

The information intrigued them, so they gave it a try.

{Excuse me..} Y/n called, catching the fish's attention. {Do you really understand human language?"

The fish narrowed his eyes. {What's wrong with you kid? You should name yourself first. That's basic manners.}

{Right, my apology.} Y/n replied sincerely. {I'm Y/n.}

{Krul.} The vampire followed. {What is exactly are you, Lehman-san?}

{What's with that stupid question? What would you say if I ask you what is a "human"?} Lehman shot back.

"He has a point there.." Y/n agreed.

{I have a question, too} Lehman continued. {Why can you use Telepath? It's as if you are a monster but worst.}

The question is obviously directed to Y/n, and the sorcerer explained his circumstances with a short story. Lehman ended up crying and gave Y/n his condolence for being able to go through those struggles.

{Say, why are you here?} Krul asked in curious manner.

{I was leisurely traveling around when suddenly, an underground water vent erupted in a lake near here and I was thrown out. I asked for help via Telepath and here I am.} Lehman explained.

The couple jolted in shock with a slight of guilt. They believed Lehman was caught by Miledi's water disposal when she flushed them out from her labyrinth.