Chapter 7: 10 Days Training

They eventually arrived at Verbergen, and then Ulric guided them to a meeting room where the other elders are presented. Y/n and Krul took a seat with the elders and informed them the truth about Tortus.

"So this world was god's playing board.." Ulric commented.

"You don't seem surprised." Y/n stated.

"This world has never been kind to us.. from the beginning."

Ulric and the other elders don't know much about the Liberators. They were only told from ancient times that the Seven Great Labyrinth were created by the Liberators and don't become hostiles towards those which has the labyrinth crest and if they like them, then bring them to the place they want to go.

"The ring you have is one of those crest. Therefore, I haven't show hostility and guided you." Ulric continued. "But, it's not like every demi-human knows about this and there are those who even knowing that they don't go along with it-"

The door suddenly kicked open violently, alerting everyone in the room. They all turned their attention to it and found a furious bear demi-human.

"Ulric!" The bear growled. "What are you thinking? To bring in an abominable child and a human here?"

"I'm just following the traditional rules." Ulric explained calmly. "You are also an elder, so you should know about the situation."

"Are you saying this human brat has the qualification?! A strong individual which we mustn't turn hostile!?" The bear asked. "Don't joke around! Then let's find it out now in this place!"

The bear launched a strong jab, and Y/n simply parried it away with a small amount of strength before launching the elder bear out of the room through the wall with a one-inch punch to the chest. Y/n dusted off his hands before glaring at the other elders from his shoulder.

 Y/n dusted off his hands before glaring at the other elders from his shoulder

"Anyone else want a flying lesson, too?"

Most of the elders are frightened by the threat while others simply amused. The meeting continued with a discussion wether to decide to guide Y/n and Krul to the Great Tree or not and the results, not all elders agreed to guide them.

"Then, we'll have the Blonko tribe to guide us as we had mentioned before." Y/n stated, shocking the elders.

"We couldn't careless wether they're criminals or not. We made a deal with them, and it's our policy to fulfill the end of our contract." Krul added.

"Are you serious?" Ulric asked in disbelief.

"If you want to execute them, go ahead and try." Krul threatened them with a sweet smile. "Let's see what'll happened."

Ulric sighed in submission. He has no intention to make an enemy of Y/n and Krul. The marked sorcerer has shown his strength, and the vampire gave them a genuine threat. There's no way to convince them.