Chapter 12: Sin of a Student

Y/n and the others are standing outside the wall with Krul drinking his blood from his wrist. She claimed she prefer drinking his blood rather than the magic vial since it's more efficient.

They all then watched Divine Dogs Totality walking toward them while dragging the mastermind. Once the wolf stood in front of them, it tossed the man to them as if it's an offering.

"Good work." Y/n praised, and Krul let go of his wrist after licking the leftover. "Now return."

The Shikigami melted into the a dark liquid per its master's order, and Y/n approached the hooded man. He kicked the man to make him face up and not so surprising to him, the mastermind is the missing student, Yukitoshi Shimizu.

"Shimizu-kun!"

Like every worry teacher, Aiko ran to her student as Y/n backed away. She kneeled down to Yukitoshi and gently nudged him to wake him up and after a moment, he opened his eyes to see himself being surrounded by Aiko and his classmates. He immediately startled in fear, but Aiko calmed him down by holding his hand firmly and gently.

"Shimizuku-kun, I'd like to talk things out with you." She requested. "Why.. why did you do this? Could you tell me what you were feeling..?"

He suddenly yanked her hand away. "You really are a bunch of idiots.. because I'm the true hero, obviously. I was just trying to show how much I'm worth."

"Do you even understand what you did?!" Atsushi shouted.

"Do you even know how much Ai-chan-sensei worried about you?!" Yuka added. "The two was almost done for! If it wasn't for L/n and the others, people could've died! Using all that power for this can't be right-"

Aiko stopped Yuka from going further and looked back to Yukitoshi. "You must've been very frustrated. I'm sorry that I didn't notice. But Sonobe-san is right. You can't prove your worth with such things. If you wanted to spare us, why'd choose a way that could cause casualties..?"

"Who said.. that I wanted to spare you.." Yukitoshi suddenly wielded out a needle from his sleeve. "I wanted to prove my strength.. to the demons."

And in blink of an eye, he held his own teacher hostage with the needle aiming to her neck in front of everyone.

"Don't move! One move and she's dead! One stab and she'll die a long painful death thanks to the poison!" He threatened

"Don't move! One move and she's dead! One stab and she'll die a long painful death thanks to the poison!" He threatened. "Drop your weapons on the ground!"

"Shimizu-kun.. why..?" Aiko whimpered.

"I made a pact with the demons." Yukitoshi grinned. "I just have to kill you and everyone else in town. Then, the demons will welcome me as the hero."

Aiko is shocked to hear her student did the unimaginable deed while Y/n and Krul are quietly intrigued by the claim. They assumed that it has something to do with the upcoming war.

"Did you think you'd avoid the demons attention? 'The Goddess of Fertility'... in a way, you're even more trouble than the hero." Yukitoshi continued. "The demons.. they know my true worth. That I'm too good to rot in the hero's shadow."