Chapter 2: Into the Abyss

It's been two weeks since they were summoned to Tortus. Tomorrow, they're heading to the Orcus dungeon for battle practice. Their status went up exponentially during their practice in the colosseum.

As for Y/n, he had unlocked a few more shadows/Shikigamis. Turns out, he could summon the locked Shikigamis but they're untamed. One time when he summoned Rabbit Escape, they suddenly launched a kick to Y/n's face. The Shikigami is surprisingly a combat expert with their back feet. Y/n then learned that he must defeat those Shikigamis in order to tame them.

Most of the class trained their status daily but not Y/n's group. They took one day for training and the next day to learn about Tortus in the Royal library.

Y/n and the rest of the class are currently in Holward, resting in an Inn in their respective rooms. Y/n laid down on his bed and as he's about to sleep, a sudden knock on his door interrupted him.

"Who?"

"It's Shirasaki." The girl replied. "Can I come in?"

Y/n clicked his tongue. "It's in the middle of the night. Get some sleep."

"Please, it's important!"

"I doubt it's more important than my sleep."

"Please, I beg you!"

Y/n sighed in submission for Kaori's persistent. He had a feeling that she will stay in front of his door until he opened it for her. So, he went to his door and greeted her with a scowl.

"What do you want?"

"It's.. um, can we talk inside..?" She requested while blushing.

"No."

"But it's cold." She wrapped her arms around herself, emphasizing her statement.

"I can't control the temperature." Y/n leaned on the door frame with his arms cross.

Kaori groaned softly in displease and decided to give up with a sigh.

"L/n-kun.. about the combat practice tomorrow.. I want you to... stay and wait in town..." She requested.

"Huh?"

"I had a dream-"

"Oh, you've gotta be kidding me."

"It's a nightmare!" She clarified. "You couldn't hear me no matter how loud I screamed.. You kept going farther and farther away... I couldn't keep up.. and then... you vanished."

Y/n stared at her with a blank expression. He couldn't believe what he'd just heard from the girl in front of her. With a sigh, he reached the door and went to close it.

"Wait, L/n-kun!" Kaori held the door open.

"Shirasaki." Y/n glared at her. "You just wasted my energy and my time for some nightmare. Get some sleep or you'll bother the neighbors. Goodbye."

He slammed the door close and immediately went to bed, not bothering the plea from the other side of the door.

.
.
.

Everyone have gathered in front of the labyrinth entrance where it's filled with various adventurous. The students are also provided with their uniform that matches with their respective Classes.

Y/n is wearing a dark blue jacket over a long-sleeved white dress shirt. His uniform pants match his jacket and only reach to just above his shins. He wears long black socks that cover his exposed ankles and finishes his outfit with low-top brown shoes.

 He wears long black socks that cover his exposed ankles and finishes his outfit with low-top brown shoes