"I..." Toni's voice tailed off.

"If you prefer, you could come to dinner for it. Perhaps you don't care to be spanked over my desk like some tardy servant girl. We all have our foibles."
"What?" Toni shook her head. "I don't... Ma'am, I..."
"Dinner it is, then. Jolly good. Be on your way now, Toni. Back to your station."

Toni's good winter coat wasn't enough to keep out the cold of New York in January, but she liked to be outside. Toni hadn't seen Cheryl since she'd made her tea, two days ago. She wasn't sure if her dinner offer was real or if she had just been teasing. Perhaps this was a joke she played on new recruits. However, just in case it was not a joke, she had found Cheryl's home address in her file and copied it into the back of her date book, where she had looked at it three or four times each day.
She was considering pulling out her date book and looking again where she had written that address on West 57th Street, as she sat on a low wall outside the SHIELD building and smoked a cigarette. Her inadequate coat was wool. A lot of women wore fur in New York. She could never have afforded fur. And anyway, she would never. Never again. She pulled the wool tighter around herself.
She was looking down at the icy pavement when she saw the shoes. Familiar shiny black t-bar heels. Shiny shoes were sinful, her mother had once said, because of what they reflected. Sinful or not, she was surprised she recognised them. She didn't recall ever studying Cheryl Blossom's shoes, but she knew them instantly.

"Hello Toni."

Toni looked up. Cheryl wore a bright red coat, belted tight and a matching felt hat. She had a heavy fur around her neck. Her lips were bright, bright red and her cheeks were too, flushed from catching the cold wind.
Toni swallowed. "Ma'am."

"You're shaking, you know, darling," Cheryl said. "Is it the cold or..." she tailed off, smiling. "You know, Toni, you really shouldn't be so scared of me. Us English girls, we should stick together." Cheryl wore red leather gloves and she kept smiling at Toni as she reached out and took her cigarette from her fingers. Toni had taken off her own brown woollen gloves to smoke. Her fingers were freezing, but the leather of Cheryl's gloves was strikingly warm where it brushed her skin. As Cheryl whisked the smoke away, she dropped her voice and said, "Really, whatever do you think I'm going to do to you?"

Toni didn't know how to say she that all she thought Cheryl was going to do to her was exactly what she had told her she would do. Put her over her desk and spank her. That she hadn't been able to stop thinking about that. The exact sound of each word on Cheryl's perfect red lips as she had said, "If you don't want to be spanked over my desk like some tardy servant girl." That she had thought of that in her bed at night and touched herself, wet and hot between her legs, jamming her fist into her mouth so as not to wake her sleeping room mate.

Toni watched Cheryl take a draw on the cigarette she'd taken from her. It was only half smoked and Toni wanted it back. Did she dare ask? Was this a test? You shouldn't be so scared of me. Toni screwed up her courage. "Ma'am," she said, struggling to keep her voice level and even, "would you, would you give me back my smoke? Please. I mean, if you please. Ma'am."

Cheryl laughed out loud as she exhaled a long blue plume. It made Toni look around startled. But no one was paying any attention to them. When Toni looked back at Cheryl, Cheryl let her tongue tip out over her top lip. "Oh Toni," she said with a little head shake, "here," and, shrugging, she held out the cigarette, turning her hand around. Casually, she pressed the blunt butt of it into Toni's mouth. Toni's breath caught, but she opened up for it - and her lips shook as Cheryl's red leather fingers pressed into her skin. She sucked. She moved her tongue over the tip of the thing in her mouth. Cheryl's thumb moved over Toni's chin, under her jaw and tilted her head upwards. Toni was hot, suddenly. Her face flushed as Cheryl made her look up at her, her nipples pulled under her sweater and clit pulsed between her legs. She stared up at Cheryl, as the nicotine rushed to her head and made it spin.
After a moment, Cheryl pulled the cigarette away and took another quick drag herself as Toni exhaled, half gasping. Then Cheryl tossed the almost done smoke into a pile of dirty snow.