Painful Lesson #1

It's strange. After spending a week with friends and classmates, being home alone for a couple of days now feels off. I thought I had gotten used to this feeling of loneliness during middle school, but I guess I was wrong. At times, I find myself checking my phone, hopeful for a new message, only to be met with disappointment. No one has, nor will they. We're just classmates, not friends. I was stupid to think otherwise.

Despite trying to do my best to hide how I've been feeling, I think Mom's caught on. She recently asked if I wanted to have a mother-son date and go out to my favorite restaurant. I told her no, because I didn't want her to waste money on something as trivial as me. I don't want her to worry about me.

But how do I stop her from doing that? How do you make someone believe you're fine? I could lie, but I don't wanna do that. And besides, my Mom is far too smart; she'd catch on almost immediately if I tried lying now. So what am I supposed to do, huh? Do I just keep going as if nothing is bothering me, or do I say something and open a whole new can of worms? 

Would our relationship be the same if I opened up? I hope it would, but what if it isn't? Would it be my fault that it changed, because I said something? Gosh, why does all of this have to be so complicated?

- Izuku Midoriya | Page Seven: Complete

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Izuku stared at the now filled piece of paper lying in front of him on his desk. His eyes skimmed through the text, quickly examining it for any mistakes he may have made. Satisfied with the few corrections he made, Izuku confidently closed the journal and neatly added it to his collection of books.

Izuku sat motionless in his chair for a few moments, his mind blank. He didn't know what to do. He could turn to his computer or phone for entertainment, but for some reason, those didn't sound appealing anymore. Getting close to and conversing with the different students of Class 1A was a dream realized for Izuku, but its adverse effects were starting to become evident.

Izuku had a taste of what it felt like to have friends - to feel normal - and he didn't want to let that go. He was scared to. He was scared to return to the life he traded and left behind.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Years Earlier-

It was a nice and pleasant day. The sun was shining, the leaves and grass were lightly swaying back and forth, and the temperature was just right. Izuku walked on the sidewalk trying to get back to his home. In front of him, was Kacchan as a few of his friends. Despite what it looked like, the ten-year-old Izuku wasn't trying to tail Kacchan. It was just a coincidence. But Katsuki didn't see it that way.

After about five minutes of walking, Katsuki hastily spun around, startling Izuku, and pointed towards the green-haired kid. "Quit following us, you creep!" Katsuki barked out.

Izuku raised his hands on instinct and attempted to defend himself, trying to explain to Kacchan that it was purely a coincidence. However, the spiky blonde-haired kid remained unconvinced.

"Quit lying, Deku!" Katsuki yelled, lowering his hand, before taking a menacing step forward. "You were stalking us, weren't you?!"

Izuku was stunned, almost too stunned to speak. "N-No!" he stuttered. "I promise. I was just walking home!"

Katsuki smirked, and extended his arm forward. "I don't believe you," he said, before laying a hand on Izuku, easily pushing him to the ground.

Izuku winched in pain as he fell back on his rear. He tried to get up, but was stopped when he heard several small explosions go off. The boy looked up in fear, and saw, in the palm of Kacchan's hand, smoke rising. "K-Kacchan?" he questioned, his face growing pale.