1 - R.P.D.

I stood beside the window, looking at the police station with worry. There are other cops there, he's okay. He's probably just busy helping civilians.
"Henry?" My sister, Rachel, called out from behind me.
"Yeah?" I asked, she walked closer and looked out the window beside me curiously.
"See anything?" I frown,
"No. Not in a few hours." If he's alright why has it gone silent? There's nothing around besides infected people. Of which are clearly zombies. I've seen Dawn of the Dead.

I walked away, Rachel still looking out the window of our apartment. Walking into my room I pull out a case, a vintage handgun my father gave me as a birthday present. It has our last name engraved in the barrel of it. Lawrence. I stuffed it into the waistband of my pants along with two other clips into my back pocket just in case.

Then I grabbed my switchblade, my pride and joy. Always makes me feel safe even in a city like this. As I started to put on my chucks, Rachel wandered in.
"What are you doing?" She asked,
"I can't just sit here. I have to help him." I then pulled the knot closed on my shoe and stood up.

"You're not seriously thinking of going out there?" Rachel all but scoffs in disbelief.
"I need you to listen to me," I say, in a tone she knows I only use when I'm being serious, "when I step out that door I need you to block it. Push a couch in front of it. Doesn't matter," I look out towards R.P.D., "I'll be back before the sunrise alright?"
"If you don't come back I'll be stuck here..."
"Better hope I make it then," I say, hugging her.

Rachel's my little sister. It's just her, dad, and I. It has been since she was born, my mom died during the birth. Rachel has always felt guilty of this, as if she's responsible for the death. Most of the time though she's a happy kid. She does well in school, even if she gets in trouble occasionally, she's my world most days. With Dad off working overtime to keep the lights on I've grown to be like a guardian over her.

And it's with a final look that she nods, and I walk outside. She'll be fine, I'm not dying today, I think.

Rain poured down by the buckets, my hair sticking to my forehead as I walked down the stairwell to Main Street. R.P.D. Was just across the road from us, this shouldn't be hard.

The road was crowded beyond belief, with fires emanating from cars in all sorts of conditions, rain pouring down and causing a slight puff of steam when it hit the flames. As if that wasn't bad enough, the zombies are wandering around and searching for someone to eat.

With my gun held in my hand, I take a deep breath. Just in front of me was the street, all I had to do was get across. If I run I'll be fine, I don't think they'll catch me. Suddenly there was a crash to my right, I watched as a semi-truck plowed into a cop car and various others. Some flip and a fire starts in one of them. I think I saw a man stumble out of the car but then it exploded, a heavy ball of heat and force threw me to the asphalt. I groaned, hitting my head hard enough to become dizzy.

I heard some talking around the explosion when a blonde man came walking by me. I didn't make a sound yet somehow he noticed me,
"Are you injured?" He asked me, a gun pointing at the night sky as he did.
"No, no I think I... I'm fine." I stumbled to my feet, "you know how to get to the station?" I asked,
"Follow me." He replied, and I did with little hesitation. I have no other plans.

He led the way through a bunch of fires and reanimated corpses, shoving and dodging until we got to the gate to the station.
"Close it!" I shouted as one of the sick people got closer, he slammed it shut and pulled the lock bar into place as rain continued to pour down onto us. I panted, walking towards the front door to R.P.D. I opened it.

The place was silent. I've only been here once or twice and I'm always impressed with just how beautiful this place is. Statues, marble, four-story ceilings, and a skylight that stretched almost all the way across the roof. However, today it felt different. The place is quiet, not a sound besides the storm raging outside just barely in my right ear.

The man walked in behind me, taking in the place just as I was. I stepped forward cautiously, there was a small splat as I stepped in a puddle of blood. A chill slithered down my spine as I walked over to the receptionist's desk.

"Who are you?" The man asked me as I looked around for something that might help me find him, a note, a key, an idea, anything, "I'm Leon Kennedy." He smiled, it's charmingly polite but I'm too worried to really care.
"Henry. Now why are you here?" I asked, shuffling through drawers I found random files and nonsense until I came across a thigh holster.
"Today was supposed to be my first day, guess you saw how that panned out." I scoffed, strapping the holster to my thigh as I tried to breathe.

"I'm here to find my dad, that's all," I said, noticing an open laptop sitting on the desk, blood smeared across the screen. I tapped it and it requires a code, "fuck." I muttered to myself
"Here, lemme try." Leon insists, I stepped out of the way as he typed in a code. It unlocks to show about twelve cameras around the station. I'm surprised it's a live feed if I'm honest.

Leon switched between each camera, most of them didn't show a thing besides empty hallways and blood splatters until we got to one with a man. The stranger ran down a hallway as a zombie wandered towards him. He fired his gun at it, but the thing just shoved the bullets off as he cried out,
"David! Marvin! Are you there!?" He struggled with the zombie, shoving it off of him as he continued, "I found a way out! It's through here!" He then held up some small notepad directly to the camera.
"Send reinforcements! East hallway!"

Without warning the feed cuts out as something crawls over the camera. Breaking the lens as it did.
"That's not your dad is it?" Leon asked,
"No," I said, on top of the desk is a map of the station. I looked at it carefully for the east hallway, that guy might know where he is.
"Who is? I might know him." Leon questioned again with that positive energy I don't know how this guy keeps up with.

"Shawn Lawrence, he's a captain." I wouldn't say I want to talk about my dad right now I'd prefer if I kept moving by myself. But if this guy wants to help, I guess it's not a loss.
"Oh I think I do know him, he's got a wedding ring with a symbol carved into it right?"
"Yeah, why is that what you remember?"
"I thought it looked cool, he was probably the nicest guy in there." That's always been my dad, he'd give a kidney to a stranger, and he'd rob himself of his house and home to give it all to charity.
"Yeah," I said.

Leon started to shuffle through the desk too as I finally took a moment to look at who this guy was. He's blonde, his hair was nicely cut too, he was wearing a coat and some white sneakers. There's not much of interest in the outfit. But he's got a nice ass, and I mean that as a serious compliment. Like, good job.

He turns to me as I get a good look at him,
"What?" He asked,
"Nothing. Just looking." I said, he's admittedly handsome. In fact, it's almost unfair how good-looking he was. A strong jawline, full lips, perfect cheekbones, and a hairline that can be shown with his hair pushed back and not look ridiculous.
"East hallway's that way," Leon mumbled, pointing to a shuttered door.
"Let's go then."