12. Wedding bells, and some blues.

Start from the beginning

Now, while the brothers only seemed to be joking, they did not expect it to be true. Bal on the other hand, ran away, his heart and mind warring with itself. So while mata Priyamvada went to talk to the princess, Dayanidhi  went to her brother.

*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*

" Bheem! What is wrong. Why did you run away from there. "

Bal, shocked by being called by his original name , looked up in alarm.

" Jyeshtha. Aap? Nahi. I am just thinking. I am in a very big problem. "

" Till you tell me, how can I help you. Don't pretend to dry your tears. I saw them already. " She said, affectionately wiping them off, and holding his cheek.

" Jyeshtha. I don't understand what I should do. I love her, but she lied to me. There is no place for doubt and deceit in love. Even I know that. Still should I listen to what my heart says and marry her? "

" Bheem. You are currently lying to her anyways. "

" How Jyeshtha. She was the one who lied to ne about her true self, not me. "

" Of course you are lying panduputr Bheem. She knows you as Bal, the brhamin who is moveing around with his family, not as the son of Kurusamrat Pandu. She will be your wife, if you agree to this marriage. She has the right to know. "

" You may be right Jyeshtha, but I can't live here alone without you all. I have promised you protection till my last breath and I don't want to deprive her of her life with the
rakshasas. "

" Bheem. If mata has done the right thing, neither of those things will happen.  Also, I am sure that in any situation, I can trust my brothers to protect me. "

*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*

The next morning bought excitement for all, as they saw their brother get married. After telling Hidimba the truth, Bal felt at ease.

Their marriage was, to say the least unique. While Rujut, Vasuni, Ashwa and Gopal could not stop their sniggering, Dayanidhi, Dharmjeet and their Mata watched fondly.

Whe the varmalas were being exchangerd, Vasuni sent all his anuj brothers to life Bal up, and hence, the first marriage of the Kuru household was complete.

" Jiji. Please forgive me. I only did what I felt best in that situation. " Hidimba told Dayanidhi, while joining her hands and pleading to her.

" You can make it up to me in some way. "  Daya said, sternly, while the rest of them watched, carefully. Their bhabhi was about go be hurt, and they were at a very difficult spot. A dharmsankat.

" Ji. Avashy. Whatever you want." Hidimba told her, wishing for anything to make her nanad her sister.

" You have to get me a set of paints and painting cloth, and make me a Bua soon. " Days said, laughing loudly at Bal's red face, and hugging his wife with love. Forgiveness is another important aspect of love, and when a crime is not that big, one should forgive, but never forget.

*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*

10 months later.....

" Who are you painting
Jyeshtha? " Gopal asked one day.

" I'm painting my dreams Gopal." Daya answered cryptic.

" Haan. But who's in that painting? " Gopal asked.

" My memories Gopal. "

" Jyeshtha. Who is in your memories, other than us, pitashree and mata madri? "

" I'll tell you priy anuj. It's someone with ' ocean blue
eyes'. " Dharmjeet said, running behind his sister to see the painting

" Eh. I was right. It is someone with ocean blue eyes.  His crown looks royal doesn't it Jyeshtha. " He added.

"Aaaaah! Acha! acha! Kshama. I came here to call you.  Hidimba is about to give birth. Mata has called for you urgently." He said in a serious tone.

*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*

" Jyeshtha, when everyone is celebrating Ghatotkach's birth and rajyabhishek. Why do you sit here all alone? " Dharmjeet asked his sister, who sat near a big tree, staring into the unknown, with dead eyes.

" Have you ever seen a baby being born,Dharmjeet? It is one of the most beautiful feelings in the world.  It becomes the only important time in your life. The anticipation of the child's cry of relief, it's adaptation to new surroundings, and the mother's love all are seen in the eyes of that one child."

" Ji jyeshtha. It is true. I may not have seen a child being born, but I have seen our nephew. It is unusual how we are willing to lay down our entire lives for someone born moments before. "

" That is how I felt when mata and pitashree first brought you back from the cliffs. A little baby, wrapped on mata's odhini. " She said, holding up her hands as if mimicking holding a child.

" I am happy you felt that way Jyeshtha. My birth was able to bring you happiness. It is my main goal in life. To keep our family happy. But then, why do you sit here alone? "

" Ghatotkach's birth made me realise something Dharmjeet. It made me recall my curse. I will lose my first child. No one can prevent it. No one can stop it from happening. When I am aware of it, why does is still hurt my heart so Dharmraj. Answer me."

" Jyeshtha, your curse is for your first child's death. Not the others. You believe in Narayan, so much so that you forget about yourself during the SatyaNarayan puja you hold every year. Believe him. He has planned it for you. It will hurt. Just because we know a thorn hurts, doesn't mean it stops hurting when we actually step on it. But our knowledge of the pain prepares us. So when it does hurt us, we are well prepared to deal with the loss. "

" But what if I remove the
thorn? Will it not give it no opportunity to hurt me then?"

" Jyeshtha. If the thorn is supposed to hurt you, it will. It is in your destiny. But do you plan on postponing the pain till eternity, so that it pricks you when you least expect it, or do you accept it with open arms. That is your choice, and that is your fate. Take our bhrata Krishn only. His mama Kans was destined to die by his hands. If he had been sensible, he would have interpreted it differently, that his nephew would grant him moksh. But he took it as an insult to his ego, and attempted to kill the child, several times. This pushed niyati's chakr, but it couldn't eliminate his death could it? If he was supposed to die at Vasudev's hands, he should have done it in his old age, with family by his side while his nephew would take him to the heavens. But no, he chose the path of pain. That was his fate. Similarly, your destiny, is your first child's death. How it happens, should be upto you. Do you fully accept the pain, or postpone it, so that it haunts you later. That is your fate. " He told her, gently massaging her head.

" Yathart Dharmjeet. But my heart is also that of a mata's then. I don't want to lose my child. "

" Life has given you the golden opportunity to carry the child. Whatever happens next is only Narayan's leela. We are mere mediums by which he achieves his goals and dharm. "  He told her, lowering her head into his lap, lulling her to sleep by rocking his knees.

" When did you become so smart huh? "  She asked with tears in her eyes.

" When a small seven year old child tried to teach a six year old what love and dharm means. " He told her. " Sleep. I will call for you when we have to leave.

________________________________

That is done. It was quite an emotional chapter for me to write, and the idea of destiny and fate being different is something I have thought of myself, while not being able to sleep at 2 in the night 🤣.

Share your love through comments and votes.

We have reached 2k reads everyone  🥳🥳🥳 I am grateful for your love and support. Please keep giving me the same love.

Radhekrishn❤