CHAPTER VII, CASSETTES

"Sorry, M. I'll give it back when I have the chance,"

Where is it?! Mariah thought to herself in a panic when she checked her drawers to see that her audio recorder wasn't inside it as it usually should. The audio recorder was special to her; the audio recorder going missing all of a sudden was a terrifying thought in itself.

Her office was more of a mess than usual; with Mariah searching for the audio recorder, it was gonna be even messier.

FLASHBACK

"Ma, what if they don't like me?" An 11 year old Mariah asked timidly while her mother sat behind to braid her hair.

"What makes you think that, anak?" Althea hummed as she ran her hands through her daughter's hair.

Mariah looked down as she rubbed her arms up and down before shrugging her shoulders. "I... I don't know, it's just that there aren't many kids my age who like astronomy.." She mumbled softly while playing with the hem of her uniform. "And you won't be there... I'm scared.." All her life, Mariah had Althea by her side. Of course, she had the Potters as well. But Althea was a hero, literally! She was a healer at St. Mungos, and despite working so many hours to help people. Althea was still an active mother in her daughter's life.