CHAPTER V, A STAG WITH ITS LILYPAD

The things she'd do to see Regulus again. To see his smile.

"What the hell is a Vega?"

"... Oh Merlin, he really is stupid..."

Warm and sunny; just as Mariah liked it.

She sat there in her office, making homework for her third-year students while humming Queen songs. Knock Knock.

Mariah looked up, putting down her quill as she called out, "Come in!" She rested her arms on her desk and waited for the person to come inside.

Two first years walked inside. "Hello, Professor Addy." The bright redhead said with a happy smile on his face.

"Hello, Ronald! What brings you here..." Mariah trailed off when she saw Ron's friend beside him. Harry. "Why, Mr. Potter, it's a pleasure to see you here." She said kindly and gestured for the two to sit down.

Ron took a seat and Harry followed after. "Well, Professor Addy. Harry wanted to know more about his parents. I thought you might know them!" Ron explained while gesturing to Harry who smiled shyly.

Mariah smiled back and shifted in her seat. "I knew your parents, Harry. Wonderful people." Mariah exclaimed with a soft expression.

"You did?" Harry asked hopefully with a smile that matched James' as if he was still there...

FLASHBACK

"Evans will you be my girlfriend!!??" James shouted from the top of the Astronomy tower with a lot of people looking up at him, with Lily looking up at him as well with probably the most shocked expression.

The Marauders and Mariah stood to the side, trying not to laugh a the situation, but also kind of concerned about their hopeless romantic friend.

"Potter, what the hell?!" Lily shouted while running her fingers through her hair, processing what was going on and what was happening.

James gave her his iconic lopsided yet charming grin. "Will you be my girlfriend?? Yes or no?" He asked again loudly, making sure to keep his balance and hold onto the pole next to him for deer life.

Lily looked at the Marauders who looked away from her gaze. Remus dug his face into his favourite book; Peter sheepishly smiled and ate his chocolate wand; And Sirius placed his arm around Mariah's shoulder as he cheekily grinned and played with his wand. Than Mariah who gave Lily a subtle grin of amusement.

"Uhm..." Lily looked back up at James, her face turning a soft pink. "Come down and I'll give you an answer!" She demanded which made the Filipino nod quickly and accio his broom to fly down.

James landed, his hair all over the place while smiling down at Lily. "So? What's your answer, Lilypad?" He asked teasingly while putting down his broom and messing up his hair.

Lily grabbed both of his cheeks and planted a gentle kiss on his lips. "I'll see you at the three broomsticks on Saturday, noon..." she whispered into his ear as she let go of him, giving him her sweet smile before walking off.

James was left gobsmacked, his face turning a bright red as he looked at Lily who was walking back inside the castle. He had practice.

But Merlin, he was willing to skip for just one date with the beauty named Lily Evans.

END OF FLASHBACK

"Yeah, your dad was a complete hopeless romantic." Mariah laughed while finishing up the homework for the third years. "He would do the most exaggerating to just ask out your mother."

Harry looked surprised, while Ron was smiling at his reaction. "Was... Was he always like that?" Harry asked while leaning in a little.

Mariah leaned in a little and nodded. "between the three of us. That boy was the most hopeless when it came to Lily..." She whispered while letting out a chuckle. "He's pulled stunts worse than the Astronomy tower. Once during his game, he tried to impress your mum and fell off his broom. He was fine, but Professor McGonagall gave him an earful." Mariah exclaimed with nostalgia on her face.

The two boys had literal stars in their eyes when they listened.

James, in their humble opinion, was truly a fearless guy.

And James was also one of the fearless people Mariah had come to know.

She missed him. She missed her brother. She missed the Potters. She missed Mum.

Mariah took a deep breath and smiled at the two. "Oh look at the time. You two should be off to lunch." She poked both of their cheeks and laughed quietly.

"Bye Professor Addy!" Ron jumped up and waved goodbye as he walked off.

Harry stood up and smiled at Mariah. "Goodbye, Professor Adelaide." He said politely.

"Professor Addy is just fine, Harry." He nodded sheepishly and smiled again, "Goodbye then, Professor Addy." He muttered quietly and walked away.

As the two left her sight, she let out a soft sigh and looked to her left to see her audio recorder.

She smiled sadly and put in one of her cassette tapes.

"Fuck you, Slytherins!!!" A female voice yelled from the cassette. Marlene...

"Marl, shut up!" Another voice said. It was her, Mariah.

Present Mariah chuckled softly and let a tear run down her cheek.

"Nu-uh, there is no way I'm shutting up. We literally just did the coolest thing in Hogwarts history." It was in fact, not the coolest thing in Hogwarts history. Marlene and Mariah, just magically changed the Slytherins' hair to a pretty rainbow, and their robes red.

They got detention for it. But it was so worth it.

Mariah sighed. She turned off the cassette and rested her arms on her desk while also resting her head on her arms.

She closed her eyes and hid her face in her arms while thinking of everything she used to do back when she was in Hogwarts with all of her friends. With James, Sirius, Remus, Peter, Lily, Mary, Alice, Marlene...

Regulus.

The things she'd do to relive those moments again...

The things she'd do to see Regulus again. To see his smile.

The things she'd do...

And the things Regulus did to hide from everyone, and also successfully make the wall of the Black family put a skull for his name to look like he was gone so no one will ever truly know that he was alive.

"I'm so sorry, M..." Regulus whispered to himself while looking watching her through her window. "I wish I could tell you."