Chapter Eight

I forgot that we were holding hands. I guess I should tell Drew. I mean he practically knows now. "Well Drew, you see, Grayson and I are mates." I confessed.

"Are you serious?" Drew scoffed.

"Why wouldn't she be?" Grayson growled.

"You are a killer! Why would she be mates with you?!" Drew yelled. Grayson was tensing up again, I squeezed his hand, hopefully making him feel better.

"Drew, I need you to be supportive. You're my friend and I care about what you think. Except about this. I want to be with Grayson. No matter what you say." I said trying to reach out to him
"Fine. If he makes you happy." He tried to force a smile. I smiled back and gave Grayson a quick kiss on the cheek before going back to take my seat back on the bleachers.

Victoria didn't seem to notice anything that had just happened. Practice ended without another problem, thank god. Once Grayson came out of the locker rooms I ran over to him and hugged him.

"I'm sorry about Drew, he's just protective." I explained.

"It's no big deal." He answered, grabbing my hand. We walked to homeroom, but split up once we reached the door. Drew may know but we didn't want everyone else to know quite yet. The day flew by, but every class that I had with Drew and Grayson they glared at each other the entire time. They have to get over this before the game today. During my gym class, the football team had another practice. Which meant that I got to see Grayson again. Brooklyn, Victoria and I sat and watched the practice, because we really had nothing else to do.

"Do you have to show that much skin?" Grayson ordered pointing at my sports bra.

"It's hot out here, it's better than being naked isn't it?" I joked. He growled at my comment.

"Just put on a shirt, please."

"Okay, okay I will." Like Grayson asked I put on a shirt and he graciously walked back to practice. In the middle of practice Grayson took off his shirt, revealing his six-pack. What, so he can take off his shirt but I can't? How hypocritical. Whatever I decided not to fight it. We were watching Winston and Drew's waters, so they came over every once and a while to get a drink.

"Hey ladies," Winston said while jogging over to us.

"Oh no, stay a distance. You are covered in sweat." I ordered throwing him his water bottle.

"Some girl wants a sweaty bear hug!" He announced while walking closer. I hid behind Victoria.

"I swear to god Winston, if a drop of sweat gets on my I will key your car!" Victoria warned.

"Alright alright, pass me Mack, that's all I want right now." He joked. Victoria pushed me over to him and he wrapped his arms around me. He engulfed me in a bear hug causing me to be covered in sweat. Winston finally let go and took a whiff of myself.

"Oh my god now I smell like you. Ew." I gagged. Winston stood there laughing at my misery. I saw Grayson across the field with a scowl on his face. I mouthed 'it's okay, we are just friends' to him and he turned away. Winston threw his water back at me, patted my shoulder and went back to the practice.

Man, these guys were having a tough day of practice. Gym was over and when I went back in the locker room I drenched myself in perfume.

It was 4:30 and the game was about to start. The girls and I hung out after school with the guys instead of going home then coming back to school. The game was about to start and our team was playing against our arch rivals Mountain Pine High. Victoria and I took our seats on the bottom of the bleachers. "Where's Brooklyn?" I asked Victoria.