It's All Around My Feet?

TW: slight gore, blood, idfk, vomit 

A/N: Whoohoo another chapter of this book that's going to kill me. 🙂

Kel rubbed his eyes, confused. What was that noise? It sounded almost like a scream. Then the tan boy sat up, glancing around. Aubrey was stirring as well. Hero and Kim were soundly sleeping though, seeming unbothered by the screams in the house.

One thing, too. Sunny was gone. Aubrey groaned and got up, finally able to escape Kim's grasp. She blinked a few times groggy. "Kellz...? You up?" He nodded in the dark and got up, confused. "You heard that too...?" 

Aubrey looked a little conflicted. Nodding slowly, the two walked down the hallway. It was empty and dark in the house, not in a good way, more like in a harrowing way.

Kel looked down the hallway, noting that Basil's door was open. As he was about to get close, A sudden liquid flooded his socks. It seemed to be coming from the bathroom.

The tan boy stepped back in surprise, yelping quietly. Aubrey hit his head in response. "Be quiet!" She whispered loudly. Kel stuck out his tongue. "Not my fault, there's water on the floor or somethin'."

Aubrey raised her eyebrow and inspected the ground beneath their feet. There was, in fact, a liquid. But it wasn't water, it was quite dark and viscous. She poked it. Then licked it cautiously.

(BEFORE YOU SAY 'ewwww!! Arby's a freak!' JUST KNOW THAT SHE DIDN'T KNOW, OK. SHE THOUGHT IT WAS COLORED WATER.)

The pink-haired hooligan spat it out, looking quite revolted. Kel's jaw dropped. "so you tell me to be quiet, when you-" She slapped his mouth shut, looking stern. "Shut up for a second." 

He raised his eyebrow and frowned a little. "...mmphm?" She bent down and pulled out her phone, turning on the flashlight.

The two went pale. 

Blood.

 And a large pool of the stuff. It wasn't even obvious that it was blood. The darkness shrouding the boy and girl had hidden it quite well.

Kel tried to open and pry the door, with no success. He then started to attack the lock, as silently as he could. But it wouldn't budge.

Aubrey snorted and punched the lock a few times, making the door knob fall off. Her fist was a little swollen, but it didn't matter much. Kel was dumbstruck. It didn't last long though, because the source of the blood was staring right at the two teens.

Two bodies. Beaten, bruised, broken. It was shocking that they were both breathing, Basil and Sunny. Kel squealed and ran down the hall, screaming for anyone. "W-WAKE UP! POLLY, HERO, KIM, ANYONE!?"

Aubrey swallowed back her vomit and ran to both of their sides, taking in the sight of the fresh flesh and blood.

Two best friends, at each other's side. Inseparable, even in the subconscious.