Why do I feel like this?

Basil was flipping through his closet, looking at his paintings. They were all so intriguing and different. Even if he was the one who made them, he couldn't help but feel a little proud of the amount of canvasses he covered. Some were dark, gloomy, and messy, and some looked so clean and nice, that you swore it was a picture. The best part? Each painting had at least one flower. He was so occupied, that he didn't even notice Polly had let his friends inside, who were at the door.

Kel came up from behind Basil and purposely spooked him. "... Boo! Heh." Basil screeched and jumped, falling face-first onto the floor. "Oh... Hi." He said, muffled. Aubrey let out a snort while Kel helped him up. "Heya, Basil! We came to visit."

Basil awkwardly stood up and looked at both of them. "U-Uhm... Hi, Kel. Aubrey." He nervously fiddled with his dark green suspenders, obviously not expecting people. Aubrey mumbled and nodded. "Hey..." Kel cleared his throat. "S-So, what's that behind you?" He asked, innocently.

Basil tensed up and kicked something back in his closet. "I-I-" He was cut off by a curious Kel pushing past him, completely unaware of what he'd see. The tan boy crouched down in front of the closet's entrance and snatched whatever it was that Basil had kicked.

Basil's ice-blue eyes landed on Kel, almost menacingly. His gaze was intimidating and his smile dropped into a stone-face expression. Kel shivered, feeling threatened. But the boy was brave, and so he picked up the item. 

That'd be a mistake.

One of great proportions.

"Kel..."

Kel dropped to a cold sweat as his dark eyes went wide, pupils slimming. Hands shaky, he swallowed. How- Why would...? Basil's... own...

Basil placed his hand on his friend's shoulder with a tight grip. His scratched-up nails dug a little into Kel's skin. "Kel... What's that in your hands?" He asked, with a slight smile. Ice-blue eyes piercing Kel, he scrambled to find something else. For some reason... He was scared of the boy. That didn't make sense. Basil was a shy, sweet, and easily flustered boy. Not an intimidating, insane, and deranged person.

'Why do I feel like this...?'