BEST BLURB WINNERS + REVIEWS

En başından başla

She could sing a requiem for the withered girl she was once, now replaced by a liar who could fool even the wisest. Which just so happened to be how she won her first games. Conway acted a mastermind in a game created by maggots, and lived by virtue of her intellect and tricks. Weren't the mutilating nightmares, debilitating regret, and sorrow penance enough?

It should have been. 

But the Capitol was fragile. Their power was akin to the frail wings of a paper bird, and Katniss Everdeen's flame was enough to incinerate them. She unraveled all that was set in stone, and incited a spark of rebellion that Snow needed to snuff. And so... the 75th Hunger Games declared that the tributes for the Quarter Quell would be reaped from the existing pool of victors.

The only eulogy left to for the birds to hum would be that of Conway's funeral lament.

Thoughts:

I really like the last paragraph of the blurb. It's like an explosion of all the setup you did with the previous three paragraphs. None of the paragraphs are long or overstay their welcome. You give the audience what they need to know then move on. I have a clear grasp on what the story is going to be about, and I know who the main characters are. I also know how it ties in with the Hunger Games franchise, which is a nice touch.

I have a nitpick, but since it's a nitpick, it's not a huge deal. The sentence "She could sing a requiem for the withered girl she was once...". The first part is absolutely beautiful and descriptive without being over-the-top. However, the "she was once" is throwing me off a little. I feel it could sound more natural/flow better if it was, "She could sing a requiem for the withered girl she once was...". But that's just a really tiny nitpick.

The only core criticism I have is this: "The only eulogy left to for the birds to hum would be that of Conway's funeral lament." The problem is the "to" in that sentence. It isn't needed, so it can be shortened to, "The only eulogy left for the birds to hum would be that of Conway's funeral lament."

1st Place

Akarshika by KanhaiyakiSakhi9112

The Blurb:

There lived a princess whose mere presence captivated all who beheld her. Akarshika, with her black eyes shining bright and her lips always adorned with a proud smile, seemed to radiate an otherworldly beauty. Her long, flowing black hair cascaded down her back like a majestic waterfall, and her eyelashes were perfectly adorned with the mascara of darkness. With every confident step and proud face, she exuded an aura of power and majesty.

Whispers and rumors of her divine ancestry spread throughout the kingdom, some even proclaiming her to be a goddess. Yet, it was her intelligence that truly set her apart. Akarshika was the only one capable of matching wits with Shakuni, the renowned mastermind of strategy. Her every move and decision were scrutinized by her subjects, for the pampered princess had a reputation to uphold.

But destiny had other plans for Akarshika. Life suddenly thrust her into the complex web of the epic Mahabharat, with an important role to play. As she navigates the treacherous waters of politics and power, her arrogance is shattered to its core by the events that unfold. Mistakes are made, and she is left grappling with the consequences, desperately trying to right the wrongs she has caused.

Will Akarshika rise above her flaws and find redemption, or will she be forever condemned by her past actions?

Thoughts:

Typically I am not someone who is attracted to a lot of flowery language, but for this blurb, it works. It works for the genre of the story, the character of Akarshika, and the overall vibe you were going for. Many writers tend to use flowery language for the sake of it (which is why I typically don't like it), but you made it work. You made it tie in with Akarshika's character and it's almost like we're one of the people viewing Akarshika. It's like the blurb convinces us of her princess nature. It's like you transported us to her world and made us one of the ones who beheld her.