When it happened

It never was a big deal when it happened. He just used the rest room and the fetus that mostly looked like a blood clot came out. They hadn't even told anyone about it yet. Regulus was laying in bed stretching trying to relax thru the pain. Astrid was smiling and reaching out for him from the other side of the bed where she was laying. James was dropping the boys off at daycare and Sirius was gonna pick up Astrid anytime now.

"Does it still hurt?" James asks entering the room. Regulus looks up. There was no light in the room just darkness.

"I feel horrible" Regulus sits up covering his face with his hands. James walks over sitting down next to Regulus.

"Why do you feel like that?" James asks putting his hand on his shoulder. Regulus looks up at him.

"Because I'm not like destroyed that this happened. Like Remus and Sirius were absolutely devastated and I just think its not the worst. I don't think I could have taken four kids in my twenties" James doesn't respond to him but understands in a way. They hug. They both cry for a bit.

"I told Sirius" James says and a panicked look came across Regulus face.

"James why the fuck would you do that to me I clearly told you I'd don't want anyone to know"

"Well he's been thru this shit and we haven't" They both froze. Looking at each other. The door to the house opens. It was Sirius.

"Hello" he says walking up to their bedroom. Regulus looks at James.

"Could you change Astrid before Sirius takes her and we could just talk for a bit. James does as he's told. He picks up Astrid and walks away with her. Sirius takes his place by Regulus side.

"I'm so sorry that had to happen" he looks down at the floor not wanting to make eye contact.

"Well it was just a fetus that we had only known about for like a day or two" Regulus also looks down.

"Well your still like allowed to feel bad about it you know" Sirius now makes eye contact with Regulus. He looks up.

"I know. How are things with you and what happened on by birthday" Sirius looks down again. Regulus moves closer to Sirius. They never really talked about feelings before Sirius miscarriage. They both thought it was nice being a bit more open with each other.

"I am meant to go to an appointment every Thursday talking to some lady about my mental health" Sirius leans back now laying on the bed.

"That's good" James reappears in the doorway with Astrid in his arms. Sirius gets up taking her from James.

"Alright so I can drop her of at like"

"No I can pick her up when I pick up Leo and Sammy" James says.

"Alright then we'll leave" Sirius says before walking of and out of the door. James walks over to his side laying down. Regulus turns around so they lay eye to eye. James puts one of Regulus curls behind his ear. Regulus holds James hand on his cheek liking it. James strokes his cheek with his free thumb.

"You should eat something" James suddenly says. Regulus hadn't had breakfast and James thought it was an important meal.

"I just feel sick right now. Maybe later" James continues stroking Regulus cheek. It were a long time ago since it'd been only the two of them alone. Of course they were alone in a room or at night (most of the time) but never during a normal day. The house was always full of kids here and there. Regulus knows he couldn't have handled a fourth child. He was sad about the miscarriage but not to upset since he hadn't really taken it in that they were having a another kid.

"I love you so much. You know that right?" Regulus say's squeezing James hand that was on his cheek.

"I love you more" James says with a smile on his lips.

"I love you like the stars love the moon" James smiles brightly. Everyone thought James had the "perfect smile" or that is what Regulus thinks. James was confident when he smiled and it was just amazing to Regulus. He was never so comfortable in himself. Maybe it was just opposite attraction or some shit.

"What do we do now?"

"I don't know it's been a while since it was just us" James responded.

"Do you wanna watch a movie?"

"We can watch an adult movie" James looks shocked at the idea.

"I think we get a different idea whit the word adult movie"

"I mean like no talking animals and it having swearing words in it" James looks amazed. It had been a while since they watched an *adult* movie.

"Sure we could watch something" They watch an normal movie nothing out of the ordinary. They spend there time alone just watching some movies.

(At wolfstars house)

Remus was sitting on the couch with Astrid on his thighs. She was leaning against them as Remus made funny faces at her.

"You think she's gonna love me the same way Sammy does?" Remus asks looking up from Astrid.

"I don't think anyone can love you more than Sammy does and I married you" Sirius says. Sammy and Remus had a sort of bond from the start. When they went to visit new born Sammy at the hospital and he'd stop crying when Remus held him. Since Sammy was there second Remus and Sirius we're always there if they needed babysitters or someone to pick them up or off from daycare.

"So you don't love me the most then?" Remus remarks

"I love you as much as I physically can but I don't think I can beat him" Remus smiles brightly.

"Well I love you too" he says before going back making funny faces at Astrid. Sirius walks from the kitchen to the living room with two mugs. He gives Remus the one with coffee and he gets the one with tea since he never was a big coffee person.

"Thank you" Remus takes the cup and takes a sip. Sirius sits down next to them. They both look at Astrid with her blue grey ish eyes. She looked almost identical to James. It was a bit weird seeing one of there best friends being so identical to a baby.

"What if we can't get pregnant again" Sirius says looking at Astrid. Remus looks at him.

"Well we could adopt or something" Sirius looks at Remus now.

"I mean I want kids of my own"

"We should book a doctors appointment to se if anything's wrong"

"Okay" Sirius looks back at Astrid. Remus doesn't. He continues looking at Sirius.

Author here
I can promise that it's gonna go better for everyone maybe just not yet

(1154 words)