Sick Of Your Love

The makeup artist did a wonderful job, and I commended her, but underneath all that makeup, I felt like I was just hiding my fate.

I wore the emerald green dress Dante had prepared for me, feeling stunning. Despite everything, he still took the time to choose clothes for me, and that warmed my heart.

As we arrived at the conference, I tried my best to put on a smile, hoping to find someone to confide in about Dante's behavior. The room was decorated with ribbons, roses and all kinds of elegant luxurious bits and bots.

The room was filled with a mixture of royalty and commoners. All dressed for the occasion.

The queen was also present, approaching us with a warm smile. “My Queen,” she teased me.

For a moment, I genuinely smiled replying, “Please, Mother, don't address me like that. I'm still Elena.”
Like the caring mother she was , she felt I was uneasy.

“Elena, are you okay?” the queen asked.

My smile dropped, but Dante put his hand on my waist and squeezed me, forcing me to smile. “Yes, I'm okay.”

The queen was   the perfect person to confide in about what was going on. She was the only one who could possibly rein in her son Dante.

“After the conference, please do come over to the castle. We need to finish our gist,” she winked at me. The queen's invitation offered a glimmer of hope, a chance to share the burden of my troubled situation.

Dante squeezed my waist even harder, and I felt on the verge of tears. It was his way of warning me not to accept the queen's offer.

“I would love to, but I still have a lot of things to take care of, please forgive me,” I forced a smile, yearning to scream and spill everything, but the fear of what would follow kept me silent.

“Of course, my daughter, I understand.” We exchanged bows, and she left us – there goes my last ray of hope. Dante finally let go of me.

“That's my baby doll,” he said, planting a kiss on my forehead.

A group of photographers started taking pictures. I had to pose all happy with a big, fake smile. Dante posed with me, holding my hands and kissing my forehead. He was so good at acting that it wasn't even visible that something bad was happening between us.

All I wanted was for the day to end. I no longer wanted to be in his presence; I felt utterly disgusted by him.

Despite the heavy heart, I had a long day ahead at the conference. Cameras flashed, capturing the grand event.

Unexpectedly, Dante surprised everyone by announcing a big donation to help those in need. He pledged a lot of money, along with food and clothes for the less fortunate. It was a generous gesture, even though it felt strange given his usual cold behavior.

Seeing his act of kindness briefly shifted the focus away from our troubled relationship. I was torn between appreciating the good deed and grappling with the deeper issues that lingered beneath the surface. The day unfolded, a mix of conflicting emotions and hidden complexities.

Lost in thought, I was brought back to reality when he announced I was going to give a speech.

You have got to be kidding me , was this a way of testing my vulnerability,  if I would blurt out his mistreatment.

Rising from my seat I faced the crowd.

“Ladies and gentlemen, thank you for being here today. It's heartening to see so many gathered for a cause that is close to my heart.