Saayra & Abhay | Chapter 13

Chapter 13

Next Morning

Saayra was making Dosa for Eshaan as he loved Dosa's made by his mother. Eshaan was now 2 years &7 months old. He was more attached towards his mother than his father and loved to follow her everywhere. Saayra was carrying Eshaan on her left hip while making Dosa's with her right hand. Eshaan couldn't wait to have his Dosa.

"Mumma, Dosa yummy yumm" Eshaan says with a big smile while looking at his breakfast getting cooked.

Saayra smiles and pecks Eshaan's lips saying

"Haan bacha bas 2 min aapka dosa mumma ready kar rahi hai"

She makes Eshaan sit on his toddler table and feeds him his breakfast. Eshaan has started going to play school since couple of months. Saayra used to miss him a lot when she used to do work from home but alas it was his fathers decision to enrol him in a playschool so he could interact with other children.

Abhay comes out of his room after getting ready and see's mother son duo. It bothers him sometimes that Eshaan prefers his mother's company over his. Abhay goes towards his son and sit beside him and peck his lips.

"Kya kya seekha school me bacha tumne batao muzhey?" Abhay asks his son

With a smile Eshaan says recites all poems he was taught in his playschool.

Abhay gives a wholehearted smile to his son feeling proud of him and pecks his cheeks and gets up leave for office.

"Nashta toh karlo aap." Saayra says

"Nahi aaj meeting hain important. Office k canteen me karlunga nashta. Aur suno aaj dosto k sath sham me bahar jaa raha hoon, mera dinner mat banana." Saying this Abhay leaves for office.

Saayra sighs still feeling hurt and embarrassed about their yesterday's conversation. After breakfast she gets Eshaan ready for school. They both go towards Maa's room to say goodbye. Maa was sitting and reading her book when she sees her grandson entering. She pecks his cheeks and bids him goodbye.

Saayra drops Eshaan to his school and returns home in hurry as she has to resume her work.

It was already 2pm when 70% of Saayra's work was complete. She comes out of her room to look for Maa as it was their lunch time. Saayra enters maa's room to call her for lunch.

Maa was constantly glancing towards saayra as if she wanted to ask something but was hesitating. Saayra noticed it and asked

"Kya hua Maa? Kuch hua hain kya?"

"Nahi nahi.. vooo bass tumhe kuch puchna tha." Maa says

"Boliye na kya puchna tha?"

"Tumhari Lonavla wali trip kesi thi?" Maa asks

Saayra stilled hearing the question 'Did Abhay tell everything to Maa about the trip?' she thinks but then discards as she knows he doesn't share much.

"Achi thi Maa. Sabse milkr acha laga. Maaza aya" Saayra replies giving a small smile.

Maa knew that Saayra and Abhay's relationship was not normal. She could very easily see the distance between two of them. How formal they are with one another. Especially Abhay. She had thought that as time moves on, he would have moved on from his loss and started a new chapter but looks like he has not. When she heard that Saayra and Abhay are going to Lonavla alone she was very excited thinking that they would finally get alone time and maybe they could take their relationship onto next level.

"Abhaay or tumhara Rishta kesa hain?" Maa asks Saayra directly

Saayra immediately looks at maa with wide eyes surprise at this unexpected question

"Achanak kya hogaya Maa? Aise sawal kyu puch rahe aap?"

"Bas jawab do Saayra"

"Acha Rishta hain maa" Saayra says while not maintaining eye contact with Maa.

"Kya tum dono me wo Rishta hain jo ek pati patni ka hota hain?"

Saayra fumbles on her words but still replies

"Ji haan. Vo meri help karte hain or return me kabhi kabar ne unki koi cheez me help kar deti hu. He supports me" Saayra says first thing that comes to her mind.

"Tumhe saaf saaf pata hain me kis rishte ki baat kar rahi hu. Me ye help wale rishte ki nahi baat kar rahi. Saaf saaf puchu tou do you guys get intimate?" Maa asks Saayra. Maa knew what she was asking Saayra was highly in appropriate but she had to get confirmation from Saayra on their relationship status.

Highly Embarrassed Saayra just looks at Maa with Shocked face. She was not expecting this question at all.

Saayra didn't knew how to answer this question. So, she kept silent.

"Saayra bas Haan ya Naa me jawab dedo" Maa says again

Embarrassed Saayra just says "Naa" in small voice and finishes her lunch and goes in her room.

Saayra couldn't believe Maa asked her this question. He doesn't even like to kiss, getting intimate was the farthest thing in their relationship. Saayra knew that and she had made her peace with it. Eshaan's presence had filled all the missing gaps for her.

Night (9:00pm)

Rio Bar, Mumbai

Abhay was sitting with his friends having Whiskey and Smoking. It had been long time since he had gone out with his childhood friends.

Vikram - "Yar Abhay aaj tu yaha aya toh bohot acha lag raha hain. Last time tu humare sath 3 saal pehle aya tha"

Abhay - "Haan yar bus zindagi aisi ho gai thi k kya batau" Abhay says while sighing. He didn't want to remember his past right now while being drunk.

Ashish - "Haan bhai mene suna hain Akash tu teri Biwi ko Birthday k liye Maldives leke jar aha hain?"

Akash – "Haan yar sahi suna tune. Meri Biwi k nakhre khatam nahi hote. Uske har birthday pe mere 5-6 Lakhs kharcha ho jata hain. Gifts me ya party me ya is baar ki trip me. Ye biwiyaan badi high maintainance hoti hain"

Everybody laughs agreeing to Akash's words as their wives were also high maintenance and had never ending demands. All except Abhay laughed as he remembers Saayra never asking for anything. He doesn't even wish her. Its her who gifts him on his birthday. Gifts which were never acknowledged nor opened by him. On her last birthday it was her who gifted him a photo frame of him and Eshaan. She didn't even put her photo in her frame.

Akash notices Abhay and asks

Akash – "Kya hua Abhay itna chup chup kyu hain? Teri biwi humari biwiyo jesi nahi hain kya high maintainance?"

Abhay – "Nahi hai high maintainance. Kuch nahi mangti muzhse bas deti rehti hain." Abhay says

Vikram – "Wah yar lucky hain tu. Itni Pyari biwi upar se demanding bhi nahi. Bhai tu toh lucky hain." Vikram says laughing

Abhay doesn't find it funny and keeps quiet. Saayra's topic suddenly turned off his mood.

Slowly and gradually everbody in the room were super drunk including Abhay.

Slowly topic started to drift towards everybody's sex life. Everybody started sharing their sexual preference and what excited them and what was lacking in their marriage. Abhay continued to drink and smoke more as the conversation went on. Noticing Abhay's mood no one dared to ask Abhay about his sex life.

Hearing others talk about sex life with their partners a weird feeling came inside him which was silent since many years. It was desire. Something he felt would never return inside him.

It was almost 2:00 am when Abhay reached home. It was clearly visible that he was drunk. He reeked of Alcohol and Cigarette smell. He goes towards his room and finds Saayra peacefully sleeping. For the first time desire got best of him and he goes towards Saayra.....

Author's Note

Surprise Double update!!!! Will try to update as soon as I can. This was the longest chapter, I think... Please vote.