"Mimzy!!" She exclaimed happily as she ran towards the woman with open arms.

"Edi! Ma' lil' suga' pie! There ya are!" Mimzy cried out enthusiastically, bending down and welcoming the young girl's tight hug. "Look how much ya grown ova' time! Soon ya'll be as tall as yer brotha'!"

The two kept their embracing for a few more seconds before Mimzy separated. "Speakin' a which, where is yer brotha'? He wouldn't miss out on seein' me, would he?"

Sam sighed amusedly before taking a slight step forward, turning Mimzy's attention towards him. "I wouldn't think of it!" He said, taking Mimzy's hand and setting a light kiss on her knuckles.

"And what a fine gentleman Al's been makin' out o' you!" She said, bowing slightly. "So where is Al anyways?"

Sam gently released her hand and took a step back. "He's at work now I believe."

Without skipping a beat, Mimzy took off her large, soft looking black feather boa and put in on the coat rack. "Oh! Well what are y'all standin' 'round for? Let's go take a listen to the news, hm!? Come on!"

The woman grabbed Edith's hand and hurried upstairs to the parlor where the radio was. She turned the dials, flipping through the staticky channels until the sprightly voice of Alastor hit their ears.

They all had to admit, out of all the people to listen to on the radio, Alastor had to be one of, if not the best choice. His voice was one that could be recognized by the slightest of sounds. He truly enjoyed his work and it was all evident in his voice. Not only that, but the number of listeners who tuned into his broadcasts were always high, proving the point even more.

Even off the air, he always knew exactly what to say, as if he had rehearsed the conversation he had with you a thousand times before.

Such skills never ceased to impress.

After Alastor's shows were over and Mimzy had her few moments of spotlight, blessing the group with the ever-so specific details about her latest talent casting, the southern-accented woman said her goodbyes with tight hugs as she left.

Ever since she had begun to get cast in more productions for her singing skills, Sam and Edith began to see her less and less as she got busy, but she never failed to make them smile with her sass and attention-seeking attitude when they did see her.

Finally, after a long day, the house began to darken as the sun fell from view.

Edith, Sam, and Rosie were all sitting on the floor of the library, playing a card game that Rosie had just taught them. It took him a little while to understand the rules, but now Sam had been dominating the playing field, winning almost every round they played.

Suddenly Sam grabbed the spoon that was sitting between him and Edith, indicating that he had all his cards in order and had won again.

Edith through down her cards in a fit of anger and jealousy. "Not again!!" She cried out, crossing her arms in front of her chest with a pout. "You could have at least pretended to let me win!"

Rosie and Sam chuckled to themselves.

"Sorry, Edi." The teen spoke, containing his amusement. "Next time I'll let you win. Promise."