Caught.

Sorry for the lack of updates, this chapter was ready for the longest time but I just never had time to come on and press publish! So as an apology I extended the chapter and gave a more interesting ending to it. The original word count was 2,054 words but now it has 2,941 words. So yeah, have fun with that. Also! the chapter was originally called 'Alone.' but now it's changed... :>

~

The past few days has been normal. Well... as normal as they can be, of course. A phrase used quite often around here. Can't there just be a 'normal' instead of a 'as normal as things can be.'?

Edith was transitioned from going to work with Alastor to staying home with Sam, Mimzy, and Rosie.

Sam just assumed whenever Rosie was busy or had something else she had to do, Al simply brought Edith with him in order to keep her away from Sam. Mainly to threaten him.

But those indirect threats didn't stop him. It just made him more careful. The first day of his plan, Sam tried tying different knots with the linens in his room. He probably went through dozens until he finally found one that he thought was strong enough.

After that he started tying any clothes he could spare to the end of his rope, making it longer and longer. Eventually as the nights passed Sam tied all extra his clothes onto the rope. But there was one problem...

The rope was still too short to reach the ground.

Sam will have to find something else to tie to the end to make it longer. Preferably a sheet or duvet. Something on the longer side would be best. That way he won't need much more. It's only a matter of time until someone notices what he's doing, and he can't have that.

Suddenly the chiming sound of the grandfather clock downstairs filled Sam's ears. 6 A.M.. The teen didn't even notice the sunlight that had filled the room.

The chiming of the clock in the morning told Sam 2 things, 1 of which was very important.

First, it told him that it was time to start the day. Second, Alastor always set the clock to not chime at night as to not disturb him when he was sleeping or working, so when it chimed in the morning, it told Sam that Al was awake and set it to make noise again.

Sam sighed and finished tying the rope that was on his lap. He was doing a pretty good job if he did say so himself.

But just as suddenly his smile came, it disappeared as he heard the door to his room open, not giving him enough time to hide the rope.

Thinking he's been caught, the teen clenched his eyes shut and tried to hide the rope with his hands and arms, paralyzed by fear.

"Sammy?"

Sam's nerves immediately went away when he heard the voice of his little sister. He looked over and saw her standing in the doorway with a sweet smile on her face.

"Mr. Alastor says it's time to eat now!" The girl said happily.

The boy heaved a sigh of relief as he smiled back at her. "Tell him I'll be right there!" He responded.

Happy, Edith shut the door and her footsteps faded down the hallway.

It was only when the door was shut that Sam relaxed. He looked down to see the way his nails made dents in his hands. He didn't even know how tense he truly was until after his sister was gone.

That was close.

Too close.

Had it been Alastor who had come in, who knows what would have happened. He probably would have-