Prologue

Author's Pov

A cold wind sprinted her hair in a rhythm as she tightened her arms around her body trying to provide her small frame as much warmth as she could, she took feeble steps towards the hotdog stall heaving out a tired sigh. Even after working whole day she knew she couldn't afford to buy something more than this for her dinner. If she did she will waste money which was needed for other matter. Her whole body felt like tons of weight had been thrown over it but the irony she still had to endure it after all she had no other option.

She paid for two packed smoking hot hotdogs before accelerating her speed to reach her little house, finally a sigh of relief decided to erupt her lips as she stepped inside the small apartment which she called as her house. Who could have guessed that once a spoilt princess had to face this unfortunate day when her pride, ego and luxury would be crushed under the cruelty of fate. Well indeed everyone had to face the karma and she was no less than the person who had to live through it even if it was too painful.

Her tired blue eyes roamed all over the living room trying to find one particular man but he was nowhere to be seen. Coming on the conclusion that he hadn't returned yet she placed the packets of hotdogs on the table and decided to make a cup of tea for herself. The day at the cafe was hectic, she had to work twice what she has been assigned for. The manager was taking advantage of her vulnerability and she couldn't even protest. She badly needed this job.

From the time her fate had thrown her from the lengths to sky to the deepest of earth she had learned to endure, her patience has increased twice the way she was in past. The short tempered whining woman was no where left in her. The life had taught her valuable lesson, the more weak you will be, the more people exploit you, and if the situation was hers she couldn't even protest anymore.

Her eyes lit up and small smile of gusto broke on her pale lips finding the man she was waiting for entering the room, he returned her gesture getting rid of the worn out coat before taking a seat on the years old couch. She brought a glass of water for him and with a grateful gesture he took it.

"Dad, I bought this. You must be hungry." She said placing the plate in front of her father who chuckled in sadness after witnessing their almost everyday dinner, but could he complain? It was more than what their condition could ask for.

"I am such a failure, I couldn't even provide you a good meal anymore." The young girl sighed taking a seat beside him placing her cup on the table. She smiled at her father even though it was full of sadness she shook her head.

"I am fine, dad. Right now our main concern should be the debt." Her father nodded his head before grabbing the hotdog and munching on it and the girl mimicked his actions biting the now cold food. It did nothing to fill their growling stomachs but in the end something was still better than nothing.

"I paid the loan sharks today, their debt is off our head now." This news sprung a huge smile over her lips as she took a deep breath of relief, at least they wouldn't be disturbed by few of the loan sharks now.

"That's such a great news!" She exclaimed but her gleeful expressions soon got exchanged with worried one.

"But dad why are you so tensed? Those men were the huge burden on us." The man looked at her nodding his head in affirmation.

"Yes, and I am grateful that we were able to pay off the debt but the bank's debt is still on our heads. And this month's installment has to be paid in two days otherwise they will convict this house as well and we will be left with nothing." Her breath hitched when realization finally started seeping in her.

How can she forget that more than those loan sharks, banks authority can be vicious! They had already gathered half off the installment money but the other half was spend in order to pay the loan sharks. Now she understood her father's worry, this house was the only thing left for them and they couldn't afford to lose it as well.