33

'Thank you so much Liam! You literally helped me in getting out from those girls.' Noor said as they both walked out of the lecture hall.

'Its nothing to thank about. Friends exist to help in times of need.' He passed a broad smile to the beautiful girl.

Liam is quite adorable. His smile, his personality and about his looks, he's the boy every girl dreams of. But one thing about him is his arrogance, the attitude and rudeness he carries with himself. It's not like he boasts on his hot looks, he is someone who hates unnecessary attention, especially the one which girls give to seduce him. He isn't one who gets melted easily. Being his friend isn't a game of kids.

' So, you must be leaving now! Right?' She questioned.

' What about you? Should I drop you home?' offer came.

'Thanks for offering help but I would be waiting for my cousin.' She told him.

' So, your cousin also studies here?' he questioned

'Yeah, he'd be here at 2.00 p.m'

' If you don't mind, we can sit in the cafeteria helping you complete your work. Also Miss Hannah would be giving assignments this week.' The second helpful offer.

'Idea is good. Yeah let's go.'

They started walking towards the cafeteria and they talked a lot.

Noor was engaged in writing and her sight reached Liam's face. He was holding a book in his hand and was carefully reading something in it. Seeing his face, a sudden question popped in her mind.

She kept her pen and Liam moved his gaze towards her.

'Are you done?'
'Not yet'

He again bought his focus on the book.

'Liam!' she exclaimed.

'Hmm' a simple humm came in reply.

' I have a question.'  her gaze fixed onto him.

He kept the book on the table and asked her the question.

' Why do you look Asian?' she enquired.

His eyes moved towards her from the table.

'I mean! I can't spot much difference between you and Pakistani males.'  she was nervous.

' Because my mother is from Pakistan.' he replied trying to avoid eye contact.

' Really!! Are you Pakistani too? Do you also live here in Canada for studies just like the way Almeer and I live.' She was way damn excited over a simple thing.

Before he can reply, Noor received a call.
It was from Almeer.

'Oh shit! I literally forgot the time.' she said with regret. It was already 2.25 p.m.

' Liam! I'm really sorry but I had to leave. Will see you tomorrow..' she said while packing her stuff and hurriedly left with a bye.

She received the call while running ' Bas 2 minute mein aayi Almeer!'

                                          ----------------------

' Kaha reh gayi thi tum? Have you seen the time? Mai tumhe dekhne library bhi aya tha.. Tum thii hi nhi waha?' he was annoyed.

' Are mai cafeteria mein thi assignments kar Rahi thi.' she said defending herself.

' Chalo ab!' They drove to thier home.

The house-help served them water.

Noor ordered Almeer to change clothes and come for lunch.

The couple sat for lunch together and Noor started telling her day story.

' Tumhe pata hai aaj mere sath kya hua? Miss Hannah ne mujhe sabse introduce karwaya and then she ordered me to sit on the only vacant seat beside Liam.'

'Liam! He's a boy?'

'Yeah! Is it a matter to worry?'

'Nahi waise to'

'Are! Listen ahead. Miss Hannah ka lecture end hone ke bad next professor thode late hogaye the and Liam was out of the hall maybe in the restroom. To ek ladkiyo ka group mere pass ayi and they trolled me for being Pakistani and for my unrevealing fully covered clothes which were considered boring and dull for them.'

' Did they hurt you by any chance?'

' Nah! I was fine. Then., unme se ek ladki mere kareeb aane lagi or wo mujhe hath lagati uske pehle hi Liam ne unhein mujhse dur kar diya. He protected me without even touching me. And in his one scream, all the girl ran away from there making faces.'

Almeer already started feeling jealous and her giggle worked like fire.

' Usey tumse kya karna hai Jo usne tumhein bachaya?'

' Kya matlab? Woh mera dost hai, benchmate hai, or usne pending work complete krne mein bhi meri help ki. He's a nice person. And do you know, wo half Pakistani hai. Uski mama Pakistan se hai.'

This Liam guy is now gone for real. He simply hummed and stood from his chair.

' Tumhe kya hua? Your food isn't finished yet!' Her brows furrowed.

' Nothing I'm just tired. Mai yeh bad mein kha lunga.' He took his phone from the table and left the room dialing someone's number and then attaching his phone to his ear.

Noor couldn't say anything.

'Yo Noah! What's up man?' He moved towards the garden talking on his phone.

Noor finished her lunch and went to complete her work.

                                   ****************