11. Sunaina or Hidimba ?

Start from the beginning

" Rujut, come we'll take her to mata. "

" Ji Jyeshtha. " He reluctantly agreed.

When Priyamvada saw them, she ran towards her son and daughter, who were accompanied by an unknown woman.

"Putri ? Where had you gone off to? Who is she? "

" Mata, she's Sunaina. Her family was killed by Hidimb, and she somehow managed to escape. We brought her under your protection. She'll stay with us till we can leave the forest. Sunaina, this is my family. My Mata, Priyamvada, my Jyeshth Vasuni, and my anuj brothers, Dharmjeet, Bal, Ashwanath and Gopal. "

"Pranipat devi. "  They all said.

" Putri. You are right. It is not nice for a female to be alone in such a dark forest. Putri Sunaina, you are welcome here. All of my children will protect you. " She said, hugging the woman.

Meanwhile, the brothers other than Bal looked at each other, wondering how to break the news to their sister and mother. Bal on the other hand.....

" Devi, are you hungry? Should we get something to eat for you? He asked, mesmerized by her beauty.

The others stared at Bal, even their mother, as if someone had told them that the sun rose from the other side. Bal. Taking an interest in a woman? He was thinking about something other than food and fighting? What?

" Ji nahi. I am fine. "

" Alright then. We will move towards paschim for sometime, and then we'll rest while Daya and Gopal look for food. " Vasuni declared.

" Paschim nahi. We should move towards the poorav direction. " Sunaina said.

" Why? " He countered.

" Wo. It's just that. The fruit trees are towards poorav. So we should move that way. " She added meekly.

" How would you know? " Ashwa asked.

" Ashwa, stop trying to doubt the poor girl. She's already worried. You are acaring her. She has been in the forest longer than us. Of course she would know
better. " Bal said sternly.

" Ji bhrata. Kshama Devi. " Now they all hid their smiles behind their hands.

" It's alright Kumar."

" Now, if you all are done, shall we move? " Bal said hurriedly.

While Vasuni, mata and Sunaina and Bal moved ahead, the rest of them, huddled behind and were snickering like crazy , save for Dharmjeet, who did not want to make fun of his brother.

" Bal is being so attentive towards Sunaina. I think I'll be leaving this place with a bhabhi to adore. " Daya said gigglimg silently.

" Yathart, Jyeshtha. How is this happening. Truly, this forest is Mayavi if it managed to make bhrata Bal care about  a parayi kanya. " (Unknown or strange woman)  Ashwa added.

They laughed, all the way till finally, Vasuni announced, " We'll rest here. Daya, Gopal, go look for food. I can smell some
fruits. "

" Ji Jyeshth. "

*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*

" Jyeshtha, I know you told us not to doubt, but do you truly not see how unusual the situation is. The minute we talked about killing Hidimb, someone showed up? "

" It is unusual, of course it is. But we are no one to jude the situation. I wouldn't bear it either . Imagine if I would have die-"

" JYESHTHA!  Never say this again. We can't imagine you dead. " He told her, suddenly very scared. Being the youngest meant that he received most of her affection, from protecting him against his brothers while they would joke around, or when she comforted him like a mother after his mother died. She meant more to him and his brothers than she knew. It was why they were so sceptical of the Yuvraj of Vajji. But he saw her heart break through her eyes when mata had told them all to live in agyatvas post Varnavart. He saw her trying to be strong for them all, by hiding her pain behind her care. It is true, she was sakshat Devi Lakshmi for them.