𝟢𝟣𝟢,𝐫𝐮𝐧𝐧𝐢𝐞 𝐮𝐧𝐝𝐢𝐞𝐬

Start bij het begin

"I don't know."

Suspicious, the boys hum as Joan turns to the fire next to them.

"Alright, I might've used them but they looked like these baby pampers so I thought it was a mistake the Creators made!"

"Oh my god." Minho leans forward at the same time as Ben, both palming their faces until their heads smack against each other and they also groan at the same time.

"Where are they now?" Ben tries.

"Well."

"Well?"

"Well," she says. "Hey, can I have a sip of that?"

"Not until you say where—"

"I might've cut them."

They stare at her.

"Into stars," she adds.

They blink.

"To decorate my hut with."

One of Minho's eyes squint. "Why the shuck would you use underwear for that? Ever heard of the term... paper? Ya know, the white leaves they make out of t—"

"But if paper gets wet, it'll be ruined."

Ben frowns. "And you think it's going to rain inside your hut?"

Her mouth opens, but no sound comes out. Some sort peep until she shrugs. "Recycling, man! I didn't waste all your underwear. Like three."

"Give them back."

Minho's head now snaps toward Ben. "Dude, they're cut up. You really want them back?"

"Never mind," he exhales.

Then the Keeper turns back to Joan, smirking slightly. "You do know they once sat around my—"

"They were washed." She gives him a slap on the shoulder.

"So we're trusting the Sloppers now?" He leans back, groaning. "Imagine they weren't washed. Imagine—"

Ben tilts his head. "Are you saying you have brown stains in your underwear, Minho?"

Finally, Joan gives up and shakes her head so heavily it makes her dizzy. "Too far! No more talking about underwear for the rest of the night. Y'all are disgusting."

"At least we don't cut underwear!"

Waving them off, she walks over to the table where Gally put every single jar with moonshine on. The previous bonfire, her first one, she'd been afraid something would happen if she was tipsy. Now that she has a few friends and knows that except for a few sexist comments no one is a pervert (or seems to be), it doesn't sound awfully bad to have a drink.

Tomorrow is a Sunday, too. If she gets a headache, it won't matter because it's her day off.

"With your height, you'll be drunk within a second," Camil comments.

"Aren't I already drunk without alcohol? I'll only have like..." She trails her eyes over the table. "...two jars," she decides.

"You do you."

Joan takes a sip out of the drink. Gosh, it's as disgusting as the first time she tried it, and she's still convinced Gally does something weird to this, but alright. It is nice, in some way.

After her first jar, she's only a bit lightheaded. Lightheaded enough to watch the boys fight in the ring.

Gally just won a fight and now leaves the ring so other boys can fight, purposely avoiding Joan by standing on the other side of the ring. She doesn't mind in the slightest.