Rita rolled her eyes with a grumpy frown.

"No, it was worse," Rita replied.

"Really?" Lori asked.

"Yeah, your Uncle Lance was furious at your father. Was yelling, 'What is going on in that house of yours?' and 'What have you been doing to your children?' And I'm saying the nicer versions of those questions. There was swearing and name-calling," Rita explained.

"No," Leni breathed in disbelief.

"Yes. Gramps said he never felt so disappointed in all his life toward your father. He even said, 'If I were a lesser man, I'd disown you for what's happened to my grandson.' When I got there, I got plenty of heat as well."

Rita leaned against her elbow and rubbed her eyes. Lori held her hand, "I'm sorry, Mom."

"The worst part was the threat," Rita said.

Everyone's eyes widened at that.

"Threat? They threatened you?" Luna questioned.

Rita sighed heavily, "Lance said if anything like this happens again, he and Sharon would sue us and take custody of Lincoln."

Everyone softly gasped.

"They can't do that! Can they?" Luan asked.

"I don't want to mess up to find out," Rita groaned.

Lincoln got up and went to hug his mother. Rita pulled him in to have him lying on her lap so she could hold him close and kiss his head. Everyone joined in for a group hug. Rita shook her head with watery eyes.

"I've seen so many times on the news talking about bad parents that abused and/or abandoned their kids. Your father and I always said we'd never do that to our kids," Rita said with a broken voice before the tears rolled down her cheek, "I still can't believe that we actually would do those things."

Rita squeezed Lincoln tighter in their hug, brushing her hair and cheek against his.

"What's wrong with me? Am I really a terrible mother?" Rita asked.

"No, because a real terrible mother wouldn't care. You do. You changed because you care," Lincoln said.

Rita looked at him, and he kissed her head. After a while, she calmed down, and they watched a classic movie together, 'Who Framed Roger Rabbit.' However, as soon as the movie ended, Lisa rushed Lincoln upstairs to her room, where she ran some tests. The other sisters and Rita watched to ensure Lisa kept her word on no experiments.

The results blew her mind as her machine showed Lincoln's energy. Lincoln demonstrated a sample of his powers by teleporting a small toy from one part of the room to the other side. Then he teleported his sisters from one room to the next, and that weirded them out. They barely felt it, and it happened so fast. Then Lynn noticed something glowing from inside Lincoln's chest. She walked over and pulled the shirt down so she could see it. Lincoln looked down and saw it, too. He removed his shirt, and everyone saw two small lights shining on his chest. One was glowing a golden light similar to the light orbs, and the other was glowing a blueish-green light. The girls and Rita's eyes widened with their mouths slightly opened.

"Whoa," Lynn breathed.

"Wow," Lori spoke.

"Totes," Leni added.

"It looks like the glowing lights everyone had in the music video 'Leader of the Broken Hearts,' by Papa Roach. Only it's two instead of one," Luna said.