Stiles scoffed with a smile, reaching out and pushing Derek in the head playfully. Scott rolled his eyes at the antics, all too used to their ways.

"So what do you want, Scooter?" Derek got off the bed, narrowly avoiding the punch that Scott gave.

"Call me that, we're going to have issues. By the way, Stiles, we're gonna be in the kitchen if you wanna join us," Scott told Stiles, who nodded.

The two walked into the kitchen, leaving Stiles in Derek's bedroom.

"So what's up. Why are you here?" Derek asked, opening the fridge and tossing Scott a canned drink, both sitting at the counter.

"There's a Comet dude. In 3 days. Heard it's really cool. It's called the Ecliptic. You wanna see it with me? The whole gang's going. Boyd, Lydia, Erica. Even Liam's going,"

Derek raised his eyebrows at that. It sounded like fun, but he didn't want to leave Stiles behind. He would never leave Stiles behind.

"Before you say that you can't leave him, you can take him with you. It's at the field. You love that place, Derek. It's your favorite. You haven't been there in ages,"

That was true. The field outside of town where they lived. It was straight out of a fairy tale, flowers scattered all over the field, trees surrounding it. Derek used to visit the field every time he could. It was like his childhood home.

Actually, it was his childhood home. Because his real one wasn't much of a home as it was a nightmare.

"Just think about it. You've made him your whole life. It's like you're just a side character in your own life. How do you know that he feels the same way, huh?" Scott continued.

"He's my best friend Scott, and I-I know he probably feels the same," Derek felt a lump rise to his throat.

What if Stiles wasn't blind, would the two still be friends? Would Stiles not like him, if he saw how he looked like?

"Yeah okay," Scott muttered, not sounding convinced.

A long uncomfortable silence passed. Derek stared at the ground, lost in his own thoughts. And as usual, they were about Stiles.

"Hey Derek," Scott sounded uncertain this time. "Are you gay? Or bisexual? N-not like there's anything wrong. I'm just asking... Do you see Stiles as something more than a friend?"

Derek stared at him. He opened his mouth to speak, before closing it again. Did he see Stiles as more than a friend?

"I'm just saying..." Scott trailed off. "You broke up with your girlfriend just cause she didn't really like how much time you spent with him. Fuck, you even refused to let her move in just so you can continue being roomies,"

"And you didn't seem disappointed or... anything. When she broke up with you. You just looked relieved. And that's fine. But, I'm just saying. It's like you'll sacrifice your life for him,"

Another long silence, Derek looked at Scott. He would, definitely. He would do it with no hesitation, is that normal?

"Simp," Scott seemed eager to move on, laughing off the word.

Derek smiled, laughing as well. It felt fake, though. But that was normal. Fake laughs. Fake smiles. They didn't work on Stiles, though. He would know if something was amiss.

Maybe Derek really was in love.

"Hey Checkers," Scott's cooing voice caught Derek out of his thoughts.

The cat that Derek had gotten but Stiles had named (because of course he was gonna name her). The cat in question was currently following Stiles out of Derek's bedroom. Checkers seemed to like Stiles almost as much as Derek did. Maybe slightly less.