Chapter 9: Reunion Under Moon

Start from the beginning

Y/N:
          (I'll just head in first.)

You put your masked first then entered the zone. You walked for a several minutes until you notice that in every turns you make you always end up face a tree with a triangle sign in it.

Y/N:
          (Wasn't I here before? ...No matter where I go, my surroundings look exactly the same.)

The wind blows stronger. Birds are flying. Trees are rustling. You heard a loud noise.

Y/N:
          (Wanderers?!)

You pull out your gun and slowly walk towards the target. Reaching the end of the forest, near a cliff you saw a big black shadow-like monster floating in the air. You run and roll towards a big rock.

Y/N:
          (If I fight it head-on, I'll die. That's for sure.)

You look at it once again and you see someone standing at the cliff.

Y/N:
          (Someone's...)

You look closely at it. The man reaches his hand to the Wanderer.

Y/N:
          (Is he... comforting the Wanderer?)

When the man's hand touches the Wanderer, a light shines. The Wanderer blows up through the air leaving it's remnants showers to the ground. A red protocore was flowing. The man gets his hand in it then crush it.

Y/N:
          (It's that guy from the other day...!)

Wanting to see more, you accidentally step into a branch. The man heard it.

Y/N:
          ( Oh no, i need to-)

You attempted to run and hide again but when you face your back Xavier was already there drawing his sword on your face. You drop on the ground.

Xavier:
          Who?

Y/N:
          I-it's me! We've met before I swear! Back at the research base. After we escaped, you asked me to-

Before you finished your sentence a blue like wine warps around your feet and drag you and hang you upside down.

Y/N:
          Ah!

You looked at Xavier struggling. You remove your mask to show him your face.

Y/N:
          ...You asked me to keep our meeting a secret.

Realizing he must've mistaken you for someone else he help you get down. He put you in a tree log and check if you are hurt somewhere. Touching your ankle you flinch.

Xavier:
          Are you hurt here?

Y/N: ( Smiled )
          It's only a sprained ankle. Thank you for your help.

Xavier get the bandage in his pocket and give it to you. You wrap it around your ankle.

Y/N:
          I didn't expect us to meet again so soon.

He look at you seriously.

Xavier:
          And I didn't expect you to be brave enough to come here alone.

Y/N:
          I didn't have a choice. My partner went missing.

Xavier diverted his gaze to the surroundings.

Xavier:
          The energy fluctuations make it easy to get lost. You should leave, now that you hurt your ankle.

Y/N:
          What about you? Aren't you worried about getting lost?
          Wait... That's right. You can just "poof" whenever you want.