xxii

"Haddie! Haddie, it's us!"

"It's me, Fred!"

"And me, George!"

"We made you a sign!"

The cold, late December air nipped at Hadley's face as she sprinted through the blades of grass towards the Burrow, where two tall redheaded twin boys were standing on the front porch, jumping up and down while holding a sign that said, Welcome home, Hadley!

"Freddie, Georgie!" Hadley threw herself into her brothers' arms, hugging them tightly. "I missed you both so much!"

"He's not Fred, I am!" 'Fred' scoffed in offense. Hadley raised a brow, a small smirk on her face.

"Honestly, woman." 'George' shook his head. "And you call yourself our sister."

"I've known you since birth, Fred." Hadley placed her hands on her hips. "I know how to tell my brothers apart. You're the shorter one."

'George' grinned. "I'm only joking. I am Fred." He wrapped Hadley into another embrace, hugging her tight. She hugged the real George next, and Fred sent Tonks a look. "Oi." He nodded to Hadley. "That's my baby sister. You break her heart, and I won't have any control over what happens next."

"I'm not a baby." Hadley gasped in mock offense and placed a hand to her chest.

"You were the last out of the womb." Fred shrugged. He lightly tapped Hadley's freckled nose, grinning cheekily. "That makes you a baby."

"Touch me again, and no one will ever get you and George mixed up again, cause you'll be the only twin with 9 fingers."

"You wouldn't!" Fred gasped.

"I would." Hadley smirked teasingly, and Tonks laughed quietly behind her hand.

Remus caught up with them, and they headed inside. Molly greeted her oldest daughter with a bright smile, wrapping her in a tight hug.

Hadley had grown restless as the days leading up to Christmas arrived. She was only half paying attention during Auror training, her mind preoccupied with thoughts of seeing her family again on Christmas day.

She didn't sleep at all the night before, and she woke everyone up early once the early rays of sunlight peeked through her window. She kept nagging Remus and Tonks to hurry up and get ready – Molly had invited them to spend Christmas at the Burrow – and when they finally left, they had to keep getting on her about getting too far ahead.

"Staying out of trouble?" Hadley asked Ron and Ginny as she sat down next to them at the kitchen table.

"It's been surprisingly quiet this year," Ron said as he ate a mini pie.

"Ron's got a girlfriend," Ginny teased, and Hermione rolled her eyes with a scoff.

Hadley noticed this and raised a brow. "Does he? Where is she?"

"Not here, thank Merlin," Ron mumbled.

"I'm sure she misses you, Won-Won." Ginny spoke the nickname in a high-pitched voice, giggling when Ron glared at her.

"Won-Won?" Hadley failed to contain her laughter.

"Won-Won?" Fred and George smiled mischievously.

Ron groaned. "Ginny! I told you not to tell them!"

"Won-Won!" the triplets cried in unison, laughing.

Harry stifled a laugh. He stood up from the table and looked at Hadley, Remus, and Tonks. "Can I speak to you guys about something?" he asked. He glanced around at the others. "In private? It's kind of important."