❝ CHILDREN OF ROME ❞

|| CHAPTER TWELVE ||

❝ CHILDREN OF ROME ❞

MARCUS DIDN'T KNEW WHAT THE HELL WAS HAPPENING

He had just seen the girl—who he met ages ago and became really good friends with—turn out to be the legend of Camp Jupiter, the one who saved their home from the Python—Aurelia had told him that story.

He had just seen his Vice Principal turn out to be the monster —which he had a really good idea about— and the blonde girl with whom he danced just an hour ago jumping down the cliff and vanishing along with the monster.

After getting to know the younger girl introducing her as Greek Goddess Artemis—the man hatter.

He was sure he was dreaming.

All Marcus could say was, "The fuck."

Just like him, Percy gave a real intelligent response, "Um... okay."

That was nothing compared to Grover. He gasped, then knelt hastily in the snow and started yammering, "Thank you, Lady Artemis! You're so... you're so... Wow!"

"Get up, goat boy!" Thalia snapped. "We have other things to worry about. Annabeth is gone!"

"Whoa," Bianca said, her shock returning back on her face. "Hold up. Time out."

Everybody looked at her. She pointed her finger at all of them in turn, like she was trying to connect the dots. Her eyes lingered on Lilith and softened. "Who... who are you people? What is this all, Lilith?"

Marcus raised his hand and glanced awkwardly but suspiciously around. "I have some questions too....."

Lilith glared at him a little while Artemis's expression softened as she looked at Bianca."It might be a better question, my dear girl, to ask who are you! Who are your parents?"

Bianca glanced nervously at her brother, who was still staring in awe at Artemis and Lilith.

"Our parents are dead," Bianca said. "We're orphans. There's a bank trust that pays for our school, but..."

She faltered. Lilith guess she could tell from their faces that they didn't believe her.

"What?" she demanded. "I'm telling the truth. Lilith, say something!"

Lilith hesitanted. She could see everyone looking at her now, "Bia....You are a demigod."

"Thy friend is correct," Zoe Nightshade said. Her accent was hard to place. It sounded old fashioned, like she was reading from a really old book. "One of thy parents was mortal. The other was an Olympian."

"An Olympian... athlete?" Bianca said, her eyes wide as she stared at Lilith and then Zoe.

"No. " Zoe said sharply. "One of the gods."