"Yes mama?" Aria says, her long black hair in nice smooth curls.

"What mommy?" Emma says at the same time, her black hair straight.

"It's almost time, let's get shoes on" they giggle, and run over to where we keep our shoes. "Come on babe" mom says to me, and i groan getting up and getting my shoes on.

I follow my family downstairs. Layla, her brothers and her fathers are standing on the first floor.

Uncle P and Zeke are standing close, talking about the ceremony. Layla is wearing a pretty simple dress, with her brown hair straight and down her back. Xan's curls are neat, and he's wearing slacks with a polo.

Then my eyes catch Branson, my heart stutters and my mouth dries. He's wearing a gray button down, with black slacks. He still has a black eye from the other day. His curly black hair is gelled neatly, and he looks so fucking good.

What the fuck?

My eyes flick to my dad, who is already staring at me. How would he know that?

Oh fuck me goddess.

I follow my family to the gym. Once we walk in, there's a platform where the birthday wolf stands. There are fairy lights all around, and seats in rows in front of the platform. It's packed with wolves, all the unmated ones sit in the chairs.

Layla sits in the chairs, although it's pointless sense it's her brother, it's still expected. Uncle Zeke and Peyton stand along the wall in the back, and sense I'm not technically alpha yet, until I am mated I stand with them. Mom and dad go up to the platform with Branson.

Xan stands with his fathers, and i nudge uncle Ze. "Is he nervous?" I ask, although I'm not sure I care.

Zeke is shorter than me, but he always has that loving father vibe. They've given me love like I'm one of their own. "Yeah honey, he's a wreck. But he will be fine. His mate is here, hopefully. We're just hoping he gets the appropriate mate"

"What do you mean?"

"He's worried he will get a girl," Uncle P says, getting a glare from Zeke. .

"Good afternoon everyone" my dad says, his voice loud and clear. "We're here to awaken, Branson Elliot Williams" I zone out, like usual as he goes on giving the long speech before showtime.

He says this long speech, then he is supposed to close his eyes, then when he opens them he can sense his mate. By scent usually. Feels almost like a spell. 

The time comes, and he closes his eyes. My body feels like it's buzzing, and when he opens my eyes all the air from my lungs gets knocked out of me. The scent of berries is so overpowering, it's all I can smell.

My eyes lock on Branson, who has his locked on me. He looks like he's not breathing, and I think I might lose my shit any second.

Branson POV

"Close your eyes" Alpha Nolan says, and I do so. He goes on with his speech. Today is my ceremony, and any second I am hopefully going to find my mate.

"Open them" he says, and I do. The smell of pine and citrus hits me hard, and my eyes roam the seats full of people.

Then my eyes land on the person next to my parents.

Mate

My wolf howls, and my heart stops.

I don't think I'm breathing.

I don't think he's breathing.

"No fucking way" Noah's voice booms, his face reddening from anger.