CHAPTER 11 : The Date?

Start from the beginning

“But now it's happening just how we wanted. Let's prepare for the marriage, Yongbok.”
My dad said cheerfully to Mr. Min, who seems to be a little down, maybe he was thinking about Taehyung.

Soon, the table was again filled with laughters, clinks of glasses, chatters and happiness.
'We are going to get married.'

****
I'm wearing casual clothes today. It's Sunday. Yesterday's dinner was ended peacefully.
Me and Ara thought of meeting up today. We can say it's a kind of.... date?

I smiled looking at myself in the mirror. I'm wearing a black hoodie with black jeans and black sneakers. All black.
'She said right, my favourite colour is black.'

I smiled like an idiot, like a child who got his favourite candy.
She said she knows everything about me, well she know everything, but not about my feelings.

My smile flattered a little, but I shook off the thought and walked out of the house, in order to take Ara with me for.... our date.
Haha.... it's so fascinating.
I'm actually smiling like an idiot today.
'My first official date with her.'

I'm right now driving the car and Ara is sitting beside me. She is wearing wide leg jeans, greyish in colour, a white tank top and something like cardigan on top of it, beige in colour, and her hair down.
'How can she pull off every single style?'
And she looks so breathtaking and gorgeous as hell.

She is watching the scenery outside the window with a small smile resting on her lips.
'It feels so good to spend some time with her again. She feels like home.'

I'm exchanging glances between her and the road, time to time.
I stopped at a cafe. We would usually come here when we were in high school.

After settling down at the table, we decided to give some order, of course. I ordered my favourite Caramel Frappuccino and her favourite Iced Americano with some hot chocolate cake.

She smiled at me knowingly.
“You still remember my favourites?she asked while smiling teasingly.

“Yeah! The same way you remember mine. I said teasing her back.
She rolled her eyes playfully.
'She didn't changed a little.'
I smiled.

Our orders arrived and she took a sip of her Iced Americano with satisfaction on her face.
She loves it.
“So... why did you said yes for the marriage? I asked, a little hesitantly.

Because... I don't want to hear that she said yes only for her parents or something. It will break my heart for sure.

She smiled a little at me, before she started shuffling the purse, trying to find something in it.
I frowned a little.

She took out something like a book from her purse and put it on the table. Later on, she slided it towards me. I looked at it carefully, it was a diary and it looked quite familiar to me. It didn't took me much time to know that it was my diary, which I had with me since my childhood. I'll write occasionally in it, but I only wrote about us.
'Why is my diary with her?'
My eyes widened in shock and I looked at her.
'Don't tell me that she read that?'
I gulped hard, thinking about it.

“You loved... loved me since high school, right?” she said with a shaking voice.

I was not ready to face this.
I looked everywhere but her.
I avoided looking into her eyes. I always wrote in the diary when I felt that I can't control my emotions anymore. I couldn't tell anyone about my feelings so I thought of pouring my emotions on that piece of paper. I never imagined in my life that Ara will find this diary.

“You know Jungkook, It's all my fault.” she said making me look into her teary eyes.
“I never noticed your feelings towards me. You always loved me, cared for me, always stayed by my side and I... I just... I can't believe that. I thought that I know about you the most but I was so wrong. I was never able to read what your eyes wanted to say. I'm... I'm so sorry Jungkook.”
She said finally bursting into tears.

I quickly went towards her and hugged her tightly, caressing her back.
“Hey! Ara... It was never your fault. Even if you knew, it would not have made any big difference, righ—”
I said comforting her but she cutted me off.

“No, it would have made a big difference, Jeon. It would have been different.” she said looking into my eyes, tears rolling down her cheeks.

I hugged her tightly.
“But this time, I'll give you what you deserve. You deserve everything, Jeon.” she said hugging me back, whispering slowly into my chest.

I had no words. She said it would have been different.
'Did she also liked me?'

“Don't forget to click that small star button

“Don't forget to click that small star button. Thank you.”