Feelings?

What is happiness and what is sadness? Are there really real or are there just illusions? What are feelings? How can you tell them apart?  Are our thoughts real? I don't really know the answer to any of those, I just know that whatever they are they really can fuck us up. What makes you happy think about it, what really makes you happy? Im not talking about instant happiness from receiving a flower or a love letter, from buying a nice bag or a pair of shoes, what is something that makes you happy being alive and enjoying life? What makes you sad though? Everything. Every little thing makes you sad and keeps you from living your life to its fullest. You want to enjoy life I'm sure of it, you want to do things, you want to take care of yourself, to read a nice book in a park under the sunlight, to draw, to write, but you can't you don't have the energy for anything  you're desperate and miserable, all you do is lay in bed hoping for the day to end.

Feelings of emptiness. There are other times you don't feel anything like anything at all, it's like life is a lie and pointless. Why does that happen? If feelings are real how is it possible to don't know what you're feeling and if you're even feeling anything?