𝟢𝟢𝟫,𝐚 𝐛𝐚𝐫𝐛𝐞𝐫?!

Start from the beginning

Frypan raises his eyebrows.

"I've been getting some kind of hallucinations." She sighs. "Like the sun I told you about? And the woods were on fire. I thought Nick was there while he's been dead for quite a while. But I heard him. And the fact he has actually existed makes it even weirder."

"And when a few days ago, the sun was weird again," she continues, "Gally saw it too. I confirmed I saw it, and he got pissed. Now he's been snappy and everything."

"Wow." Frypan exhales loudly, running a hand down his face. "Oh, man."

"What?" Her back straightens. "You know more?"

"Yeah," he says. "But he doesn't want me telling anyone, so I won't."

"At least tell me I'm not crazy," she pleads, dropping a teabag in the hot water.

"Never mind," he replies. "What I'm thinking can't be possible."

"But," Joan adds quickly. "I've been feeling feelings that aren't mine, too. It's likely the Creators messing with me, but perhaps you can convince me otherwise. It's usually anger, and it rises every time things get heated between Gally and I."

"Damn," is all Fry manages to say for a while.

"Yeah."

"Well, if you add that, it does make sense what I'm thinking," he admits. "Perhaps y'all have some kind of connection."

Joan blows on her tea. "I've been thinking that. I hope not. Also, why does Gally get hallucinations like that?"

"From when he got stung."

She takes a sip of her drink. "Newt said that, but still."

Hold up— why does he get hallucinations in which her clothes are gone?

All the water in her mouth is on the ground three seconds later, and she coughs heavily. "I'm hoping this theory is wrong. I fucking hallucinated that my clothes were gone! He doesn't hallucinate that, does he?"

Frypan also spits out his drink. "Woah!"

"I know right!"

"So that's it." He almost makes a jump. "It's yours. Shuck yes, I knew that sweater—"

"What?" Her eyebrows furrow. "That's not what I meant— what sweater?"

Fry looks shocked; his eyes widen. "Nothing. Forget that."

"No, no. Now you've got to tell me about it too," she urges. "What sweater? He owns a sweater that belongs to me?"

"No," Fry says fast.

"Explain."

"Can't."

She needs to know more.
"I'll make you kitchen supplies. As many as you want. Just tell me about that sweater. I need answers here, Fry!"

His mouth opens, then closes, and he presses his lips together, shaking his head.

"I'll help cooking every morning for a month," she adds. Damn, so desperate for a freaking sweater.

Then he loses it. "It's just a sweater he had with him when we came up in the Box and he's attached to it, except it's for a female," he says, so fast that she barely understands.

First of all, Gally can't have a sweater that's hers. Second of all, Gally can't have a sweat that's hers.

"What does that have to do with the hallucination?" She then wonders.

"I thought maybe he fears losing it."

"So he hallucinates exploding suns, losing clothes, and dead kids?"