St Mungo's

Harry found himself inside a bright room with beige-colored walls. In the middle of the room, against the wall, there was a bed. Harry couldn't see who was on the bed, but he could see several witches and wizards surrounding it. They were all wearing lime green robes. Harry couldn't help but wonder how he had gotten here.

"Excuse me," he said to a kind-looking healer who had just walked through the door. The healer showed no sign that she heard him. "Excuse me," Harry said again, a bit louder this time. "What's going on?"

The healer looked right at him but showed no signs that she heard or even saw him. Then the strangest thing happened. She walked right through him and over to the bed.

Harry followed the healer over to the bed, where he could just make out a mop of messy black hair. He didn't need to see the face of the person to know who it was. He had spent years in front of the mirror, attempting to tame that hair.

"Three broken ribs on the right and five on the left." A dark-skinned woman announced. "His right arm is broken, and so is the left leg."

"Damage to the spinal cord." Another healer sighed. "And a collapsed lung."

"I wouldn't be surprised if he has a concussion, with a head injury like that." Another said.

These were the injuries that Harry couldn't see himself, but it wasn't the end of the injuries. One of the healers moved, giving Harry a full view of his body. He was almost completely naked, giving him a full view of every cut and laceration. There was dry blood on his head, but no injury from what he could see. His arms, however, were covered in open wounds.

"He's lucky to be alive." A healer with long red hair said. Harry recognized her immediately. He had gone to Hogwarts with Susan Bones.

"He won't be for much longer if we don't get this internal bleeding under control." The dark-skinned healer replied.

Harry felt sick to his stomach as he watched the healers work on him. Eventually he decided he could take it no longer, and he headed for the door. He wasn't sure where he was going; all he knew was that he couldn't stay in that cramped room.

It didn't take long for Harry to find himself in the waiting room, where several familiar faces were seated. Tonks stood at the front, arguing with the receptionist, while Remus had a hand on her shoulder, attempting to calm her down.

"I'm sorry," the receptionist sighed. "But only family is allowed to wait."

The moment the words left her mouth, Harry knew she had made a mistake. Tonk's hair turned an angry shade of orange, reminding Harry of the flames he had seen in Diagon Alley.

"We're all his family, you gormless numpty." She retorted angrily. "Every person in this room is his family, whether by blood or by choice. And I can guarantee that you'll have one hell of a fight if you try and make any of us leave."

The doors burst open, and Harry watched as another group of people came barging in like a herd of angry hippogriffs. Ginny was at the front of the group, with Lily Luna on her hip. His mum and Hermione trailed behind her with the other children.

"Where is he?" Ginny practically shrieked. "Where's my husband?" Her eyes landed on the group in the waiting room, and she quickly made her way over to them. "Is he okay? Is he alive? Please tell me he's alive."

"Gin, why don't you sit down?" Ron suggested. He stood up so that she could take his seat.

"NOT UNTUL SOMEONE TELLS ME WHAT IS GOING ON WITH MY HUSBAND!" She roared.

"Ma'am," the receptionist said sternly. "This is a place of healing. I am going to have to insist that you keep your voice down, or I'll have to ask you to leave. Our policy clearly states that..."