Battle At Diagon Alley

Harry wasn't sure what to expect upon his arrival at Diagon Alley, but nothing, not even years of being an auror, prepared him for the scene in front of him.

Several bodies littered the ground. Entire families had been wiped out. Whether they had been targeted or innocent victims caught in crossfire, Harry wasn't sure. His eyes landed on a red-headed woman lying on the ground, her petite figure surrounded by blood. If you looked closely enough, you could see a single tear stain on her cheek.

Several buildings were on fire, including Fred and George's joke shop. Thick black smoke rose from the top of the building, bringing with it a wave of heat. There was a loud crack as the windows exploded, sending sharp shards of glass through the air. The glass rained down on the ground below, where it shattered into millions of little pieces. Harry had the urge to rush into the burning building to make sure that Fred and George were okay, but then he saw them several feet away, fighting alongside the rest of the order. Ash covered their faces, but they appeared relatively unharmed.

A flash of purple caught Harry's eye, standing out against the otherwise dark and gloomy scene. Albus Dumbledore was there, fighting off several death eaters on his own. His long purple robes swayed with every movement he made. Even after years of knowing the old wizard, Harry still found himself amazed by how fast he could move. He watched as his old headmaster moved through the air with the grace of a skilled fighter, his movements fast and smooth. A blue light shot out of Dumbledore's wand, hitting a masked figure directly in the chest. The unknown death eater fell to the ground, where he remained still.

Then there was Mad-Eye, who had just killed a death eater, and Kingsley, who was helping Arthur defend himself against a group of them. All the Weasley sons were there, including Charlie, who had just narrowly missed the jet of green light coming his way. Severus Snape shot the killing curse at one of the many death eaters still fighting, saving the life of Cassiopeia, who was seconds away from death.

Harry watched as a flash of green shot through the air, heading straight for him. He dodged the killing curse just in time but collided painfully with the ground. Rolling onto his front, he quickly stood up, ready to fight.

"Stupefy!" He shouted as he pointed his wand at the unknown masked figure who had tried to kill him. The death eater cast a shield around themself, preventing the spell from making contact, then quickly followed it with another curse, which Harry easily sidestepped. Unfortunately, this left him in the crossfire of another death eater. Harry managed to duck as another spell shot at him, missing him by mere inches.

It didn't take long for Harry to become severely outnumbered, and he found himself trying to fight off several death eaters at once. From far away, Harry could see Sirius push his dad out of the way of an oncoming spell, only to narrowly miss it himself. Remus and Tonks were fighting back-to-back and Ron was nowhere to be seen.

Harry dodged an oncoming spell, landing on his stomach on the ground. He quickly rolled onto his back, ignoring the excruciating pain it caused his ribs, and pointed his wand at the nearest death eater. "Stupefy!" He shouted, causing them to fall to the ground. "Expulso!" He shouted, pointing his wand at another. The blast from the spell caused the death eater to fly back, hitting their head against the burning building. The mask slipped off, revealing the face of Alecto Carrow. Blood was trickling down the side of her face and she was deathly still. Within seconds, the smoke had engulfed her.

More death eaters came forward, and Harry found himself shooting and dodging spells faster than he could process them.

"HARRY!"

Harry barely had time to register the voice before he was being pushed out of the way. The spell that had been aimed at his chest hit Percy in the shoulder, causing him to hiss in pain.