Reunions And First Meetings

Harry stepped through the fireplace, nearly managing a somewhat graceful exit before tripping. His father stepped out next, followed by his mum, who tripped and fell into his father's arms. Ron had taken Gideon and Fabian to Shell Cottage, wanting his mum to be informed of their return before everyone else, but he promised to return soon.

"This is really Grimmauld Place?" James asked, taking a look around. "It's not nearly as bad as Sirius made it out to be."

Harry pictured the dust and cobwebs that used to litter the house, as well as the many dark objects they had worked to get rid of. He pictured Walburga's portrait and the horrible sound of her screeching, as well as the Black family tapestry, which Sirius had been burned off of.

"It's been fixed up quite a bit." Harry explained. "Besides, I think Sirius's problem had more to do with his family than the actual house itself."

Lily glanced around the room, her eyes eventually landing on a recent family picture. Molly and Arthur stood in the front, surrounded by their family. Harry and Ginny were on Molly's right. Jamie and Grace stood in front of them, and Lily was in Harry's arms, her head resting on his shoulder. Standing next to Harry was Sirius. He was holding Al in one arm, his other hand resting on Harry's shoulder. Remus and Tonks stood next to him; each of them had a hand on Teddy's shoulders. Ron and Hermione stood on Arthur's left. Ron was holding Rose, and Hermione was holding Hugo. The rest of the Weasley siblings and their families surrounded them. The picture was taken on Harry's birthday, before the death eater attack. They all wore smiles on their faces as they waved at the camera, unaware of the events that would later take place.

"Are those your kids?" Lily asked, pointing to the children closest to him and Ginny.

Harry nodded. "That there is James; he's five. Lily is one, and Sirius is holding Albus; he's three."

"James and Lily?" She sniffed. "You named your kids after us."

"Of course," Harry responded.

"And what about her?" James asked, pointing to Grace.

"That's Grace." Harry said. "She's Dudley's daughter."

"Dudley?" Lily asked. "Petunia's son?"

Harry nodded. "Aunt Petunia and Uncle Vernon were killed by death eaters a few months ago, along with Dudley and his wife. Grace came to live with us after that."

Lily gasped, and her eyes filled with tears. "Petunia is dead?"

Harry sighed. "I'm sorry."

Lily wiped the tears from her eyes. "I don't know how much you know about your aunt and I, but our relationship was strained for quite some time."

Harry nodded. "I know."

"She hated me, but I never wanted her dead."

James pulled her close and planted a kiss on her head.

"You met her?" Lily asked her son. "Were you close?"

Harry really didn't want to get into this right now. He knew his parents would have questions if he said he was raised by anyone other than Sirius. But he also knew she had the right to know.

"They raised me." He said, his voice emotionless.

"What?" Lily practically shrieked. "But you were supposed to go with Sirius. Sirius promised..."

"Sirius was in Azkaban for twelve years." Harry sighed. "He was accused of betraying the two of you to Voldemort as well as for murdering Peter. Turns out Peter framed him before hiding as Ron's rat for twelve years. But Sirius never even got a trial. Dumbledore sent me to the one place he thought I'd be safe. It's a really long story, and I can explain it all later, but it wasn't Sirius's fault."