Diagon Alley

A week had passed since they had moved into Grimmauld Place, and despite how big the house was, it was extremely crowded. Something about living with a group of rambunctious children made the place seem smaller, especially when those children weren't able to spend the summer days playing outside. Teddy and James had become so restless inside the walls of Grimmauld Place that they had started bickering almost nonstop. In an effort to give the bored children something to do, Harry had turned the attic into a playroom, complete with a giant fort made of blankets and cardboard boxes. But although this provided hours of entertainment for Al, Rose, and Grace, it didn't take long for Teddy and James to become bored.

The two boys desperately wanted to play outside. Teddy wanted to fly around on his broom, and James wanted to run around the yard. They wanted to play catch and ride their muggle bikes. They wanted to run through the sprinkler and splash in the kiddie pool. Being trapped inside day after day had started to get to the children so much that even a chore as boring as de-gnoming the garden back home seemed like fun.

It wasn't that the children couldn't leave the house at all. There was no reason they couldn't go to Diagon Alley or visit their grandparents and cousins at Shell Cottage. They just hadn't yet, due to how risky it was. But all of that was about to change as Teddy held up his Hogwarts letter excitedly.

"IT CAME!" The young boy shouted, jumping up from the table so fast that he spilled his pumpkin juice. "MY HOGWARTS LETTER CAME!"

Remus winced as his son's shouts angered his overly sensitive ears, but smiled nevertheless.

"I can't believe it actually came!" Teddy exclaimed. "I was beginning to think it might not."

Harry snorted into his cup of tea. "I told you it would come, Ted. You've been showing signs of accidental magic for years. If there was any doubt that you were a wizard, which there never was, you definitely proved yourself the moment you turned my hair green."

Tonks choked on her drink. "He what?"

Harry chuckled as he recalled his godson's first display of accidental magic, which mirrored his own. "He wanted a chocolate chip cookie, but I told him he had to wait until after dinner." Harry explained. "Let's just say he didn't like me very much in that moment. One minute he was glaring at me, and the next thing I knew, he was laughing. I didn't realize what happened until Ginny came down."

Remus and Tonks smiled. They always enjoyed learning new things about their son's past.

"You know what this means, right?" Tonks asked her son.

"Diagon Alley?" He replied, hopefully.

"Diagon Alley." Tonks confirmed.

Teddy turned to face his godfather, his eyes shining with excitement. "You'll come with us, right?"

Harry hesitated. He'd like nothing more than to accompany his godson on his first school shopping trip, but he also knew how special of a moment this was for Remus and Tonks. They had already missed several of their son's firsts, and he didn't want to intrude on another one. But before Harry could think of a way to tell his godson this, Remus had already spoken up. "Of course he is."

The next morning, Harry found himself accompanying his very excited godson to Diagon Alley. Teddy had been here many times, of course, but he appeared just as intrigued as Harry had been when Hagrid had taken him. He walked slightly ahead of the adults, with James skipping to keep up.

"First, I need robes." Teddy declared as he looked over his list.

"Right." Harry agreed, holding tight to Grace's hand. "Madam Malkin's it is."