2

unresolved feelings

unresolved feelings

"Good morning islanders," Isa said sleepily as she walked into the bedroom the next morning with Casey. The others all echoed her greeting before Casey climbed into bed with Tom and Isa went to sit in bed with Kaz and Chris. There were some quiet conversations, including Isa telling Casey to his face he looked like Lord Farquad to his face, before the girls headed out to debrief. 

Casey and Isa went up to the terrace to have their own little debrief. "How are you feeling about Tom then?" Casey asked the girl, trying to get the gossip.

"I think I want to see where his head is today," Isa said quietly. "I am really here for him and if he's settled with Molly and wouldn't want to go back there, I probably need to think about what I will do. Because I don't know if I'd be able to explore other things."

"I mean you two are fresh," Casey empathized. "And you've had so much going on, you haven't even been able to process a break up. And he might have been in that better headspace with it."

"I know he did live through the break up," Isa said with an eye roll, causing Casey to cringe. "Didn't need to see his foot fetish on instagram, but he's a boy, he was single. I can't blame him for that. I just need to see where he's at, because I know where I am."

Across the villa, Tom was chatting with Callum and Anton at the fire pit. "How you feeling with Isa?" Callum asked the lad. 

"I think my head is a bit spun," Tom admitted. "I think I was at a good place with Molly, but Isa coming in here never even crossed my mind. So for her to come in, and to be saying she's here for me, it's put a spanner in my head."

"Listen mate," Callum said. "As some one who had a similar situation, where I never thought I would come back in here with Molly. You have got to really consider that. This is an opportunity for you to get her back, if thats what you want. You just need to be honest with the girls about it."

"I kind of envy Tom," Callum said in the beach hut. "If I was in his shoes, and that was Molly, I'd be pursuing it, 100%."

Eventually the girls came into the garden in their swim suits for the day, and Tom and Casey took a minute to catch up. "Who do you think is a bit of me?" Casey asked the boy with a laugh.

"Molly," Tom said instantly.

"Really?" Casey asked bemused. "I just think thats too weird mate."

"No bro," Tom shook his head. "You've got to chat with her you know. We aren't closed off. And especially with Isa here, I would never tell you that you couldn't chat with Molly."

"How are you feeling about that then?" Casey asked his best mate. "When I saw her get out of the car when we came in, I was shocked."

"God mate," Tom groaned and threw his head back. "My mind is gone bro. Like, even after a few months with Isa I could've seen myself with that girl for the long haul. And I wish I had fought her more on the break up, but she already had so much on her plate. I wanted her to be able to focus on her family. But when I found out about her grandad passing, my mom had to stop me from booking a flight to Brazil."