𝔈𝔩𝔢𝔳𝔢𝔫

A maid came in the next morning to open the curtains. The last thing on my mind was whether she noticed me or not. I was too busy covering my eyes from the sun, my head already pounding.

I let out a groan and burried my face into Felix's chest, him immediately wrapping his arms around me.

"Breakfast his ready." The maid said, leaving the room quickly. A moment of silence passed between me and Felix, though both of us were now awake.

"Can we just skip breakfast? I don't think I can physically get out of bed." I said, being dramatic. I could feel Felix chuckle.

"Are you not hungry? We need to eat. Otherwise, our hangover will stay forever."

He was right.

I somehow managed to lift myself up, sitting up in the bed. I gave myself a moment to get it together before pulling the sheet with me to cover my body and starting to stand. Felix grabbed my hand in protest, kissing it.

"I'll see you at breakfast." I said. He nodded and buried his head back into his pillow.

I got to my room as quickly as I could, barely covered but trying my best. When I made it downstairs to eat, everyone was already eating. Venetia looked me up and down. Oliver and Farleigh stared as well. 

None of us said anything, probably all trying to recover from the night before. Instead, we listened in on Elspeth and James' light conversation, only adding in little comments here and there.

Venetia pulled me aside as soon as breakfast was over, which I knew she would.

"I've been waiting for you to tell me how it was."

I chuckled.

"I can't just bring it up over breakfast. Besides, it's not something I really thought you'd be interested in, considering you and Felix are siblings." I said. Venetia shook her head.

"It's not him I want to know about. It's you." She said.

I thought about what happened. The way he kissed me, the way us having sex felt, the way he touched me and knew exactly where to touch.

"It was...amazing. I was nervous, because I thought there was a chance of things being ruined between us. But we woke up this morning, and we were fine. Better, even."

I felt Venetia touch my arm.

"That's wonderful, Maddy. I'm really happy for you."

I put my hand on top of hers.

The rest of the day was boring, but me and Felix spent the night together again that night, this time in my room. The next day, we all decided to go out and sunbathe. I convinced everyone to go in and around the pond instead of out in the cornfield.

I closed my eyes and laid in between Venetia and Farleigh, who were both reading Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, as I closed my eyes. Oliver and Felix were on floaties in the pond. Felix also had the same Harry Potter book in his hand.

"Do you think Harry, Hermione and Ron all have threesomes?" Felix asked out loud. Farleigh passed me his cigarette.

"What?" Venetia asked, unable to heard

"Oh, without a fucking doubt." Farleigh said.

"You think they all fuck?" Felix went on. I let my head dangle on the chair as I puffed out cigarette smoke.

They would never. Hermione was too uptight for that. But I kept my thoughts to myself.

"They're missing out on an opportunity if they're not." Farleigh said.

Later on, me, Venetia, Oliver and Farleigh were in the library.

It was strange. I kept seeing Venetia make eye contact with Oliver and smiling. There was something about the way he would look at her...

Maybe Venetia had just already got him fiddled between her fingers like the ones in prior summers before.

I was spending my time reading my own Harry Potter book with my head in Felix's lap. The sun from the window was shining on us, which I prevented from getting in my eyes with the book.

I felt eyes on me. I looked up and saw Felix staring lovingly, petting my hair.

"You're so beautiful. Do you know that Madelyn?" He spoke to me so softly, like he was hypnotized.

It sounds tacky and strange, but for as long as I could remember, I don't think a man has called me beautiful. Sure, Elspeth and Venetia's validation was important to me. But none of that had ever come from a male until now.

I didn't know what to say. Instead, I reached my head up and kissed him. The moment between us was ruined when Venetia was heard. I forgot her and Ollie were in the room.

"How adorable!" She said.

I looked over, seeing her and Ollie watching us intently.

I chuckled, put my head back into Felix's lap, and kept reading.