78. - Well, We're raiding!

Start from the beginning

However, it seemed like I was the only one.
Once I made it to the container in the middle, I looked a bit more closely at the purple liquid contained within. There were... Bubbles forming inside it.

My analysis suggests that there is a faint presence of Life and Magical Energy within the container.

There could be an individual held inside.

'Yeah and one that is barely holding onto life, no less..'

I then looked a bit down - seeing once again, a modern panel and a keyboard, and buttons.... More and more this screams 'modern' to me.
What is going on here?

It looks like it may be the Work of Dwarves.... No, Elder Dwarves.

'Elder Dwarves? I suppose that would make sense.... But they can create things this advanced?'

Mhmmm-
I understand that in your old world, this type of 'technology' was the 'norm' - however in this world, this type of gear is usually only present in areas where Elder Dwarves reside and work.

Which basically gives them an monopoly in terms of advancement.... Quite clever.
I wonder though, if things like this can be built, why doesn't everyone do it?

Simple—
To create even a simple 'Machine' or 'Mechanism', a lot of really rare materials and a LOT of Magical Energy is required.

Ah, I see...

Afterwards, I began to fiddle with the panel. Luckily, I was pretty good with machines such as this, since in my old life, at my old job, I'd sometimes have to work with these sorts of machines.

As I typed away on the keyboard, I began to look through any information I could get on what was even happening here, and after looking for a little bit longer, a giant hologram appeared infront of me from the panel.

'...That's new...'

I thought, examining the image within.
The hologram showed off some sort of creature.... A creature I did not know. It had a human-type body, however it looked more like a demon if anything.

It looks to be a Demon Beast.

Demon Beast?

Think of it as a Monster version of regular Demons.
Generally, there are three types of Demons:
• Intelligent Demons,
• Demonoids,
And Demon Beasts.

The first two are more human and docile, and are generally perceived as humans, while Demon Beasts are seen as monsters of immense power capable of mass destruction.

The lowest ranked Demon Beast by my knowledge was S Rank.

Woah... Sounds terrifying...
S-Rank.... For adventurers that meant 'Heroes', however I did not know what it meant for monsters. But, if it was the same rank as the highest ranking an adventurer could get, then they had to be trouble.

Then, I heard voices coming from the tunnel I had come through.
I quickly reset all my fiddling I had done, before switching to my snake form and slithering off into the shadows.