51. - The Journey Resumes.

I woke up quite early the next morning. Yesterday, after the meeting with the Guildmaster, I had immediately hit the Ordials Marketplace in order to buy some things before I was off on my way to deliver the letter to this Jio person.

The supplies I had bought mainly consisted of some recovery potions - which I doubt I'll need, but I bought in case I find someone injured along the way - some fruits and other food, and then lastly I hit the blacksmith, purchasing a short sword - just in case.

Although, the last one definitely felt more of a wasteful purchase, as the short sword probably wouldn't get any use during a fight, because of my skills being technically all I needed for any battles I may encounter on my way.

     Anyways- Like I said, I woke up early the next morning. The trip to this forest was apparently around 4 or so days alone - So I wanted to depart as soon as possible, in order to hopefully reach it in a timely manner.

The Guildmaster did offer to set up a carriage for me, however I had declined, since I figured I would get to the forest as effectively and efficiently as possible on foot and by utilising my
[Shadow Manipulation] skill as much as I could.
After all, this one skill could possibly be the greatest form of transport I had.

After gathering all my things and ensuring that the inn room I had been staying at this whole time was all tidy and clean, I checked out of the inn, before walking out into the Ordial streets one last time for a couple of days.
Gotta say, in early mornings, the streets were much, much more empty than any other time of the day. It genuinely felt like a ghost town instead of a sprawling one, filled to the brim with life.

I managed to successfully walk through the town, taking a short cut as I did, before eventually waltzing out of the towns gates.
The Guards didn't stop me and instead had wished me good luck on my journey - apparently the Guildmaster had issued out a note to the guards about my departure, which I suppose was nice of him.

After all, I'd hate to be stopped in my tracks because of the guards not allowing me to leave the town.
And so, I was off onto the road again.

The Guildmaster had given me a map which had the most 'efficient' path towards the forest marked, however, after the marked path hit the forest border, there was no more mark.
It's like the path just cuts off as soon as you hit the forest, which most definitely felt like a horror movie or something scenario in real life.

Although, if it was like a horror movie, I wouldn't really have anything to worry about. After all, with my power, I'm sure I could take on anything that came at me.

As I continued to slowly walk down the rather dark path, for a moment, a strong headache hit me, almost causing me to collapse.
The headache felt ridiculously painful, however strangely also extremely brief - like it only lasted for a moment or so.

'What the hell was that just now..?'

I thought, looking at my hand.
This type of headache... I swear I had felt it before sometime in the past, however I couldn't remember when.
While I could ask [Sages' Wisdom] what that headache was, I didn't exactly want to waste time, so instead, I simply rose back to my feet, shook my head and continued to walk forward, deciding to ignore that whole headache just now.

At least... Ignore it for now.

...

         The sun rose quickly and lit up the path I was walking. The path I was taking, which was marked in the map, led through a small forest called 'Ordial Woods', which then led to a large open plain that didn't have a name. After the plain, my path led me through another forest - 'Blue Skies Woods'.
Interesting name if I say so myself.